LTH Home

Thermapen Private Sale - $69

Thermapen Private Sale - $69
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - December 12th, 2018, 8:37 pm
    Post #31 - December 12th, 2018, 8:37 pm Post #31 - December 12th, 2018, 8:37 pm
    I ordered a Dot, and on the first time using it managed to catch it on fire (the probe, not the Dot itself). It has a little plastic piece where the needle meets the cable that my prior ones did not. I read the manual, yet didn't realize it was that close to the broiler. Anyway, when Thermoworks sent me a note asking "hey, how's that Dot working for you?" I let them know I caught it on fire. Their next message was a shipping notice for a new probe. Nice CS Thermoworks! This was totally my fault, not theirs - I used it in contravention to the operating instructions, and I hadn't blamed them for the destruction, just stated the facts.
    Leek

SAVING ONE DOG may not change the world,
    but it CHANGES THE WORLD for that one dog.
    American Brittany Rescue always needs foster homes. Please think about helping that one dog. http://www.americanbrittanyrescue.org
  • Post #32 - April 24th, 2019, 11:25 am
    Post #32 - April 24th, 2019, 11:25 am Post #32 - April 24th, 2019, 11:25 am
    $79.20 through a Serious Eats deal right now....lasts until midnight Friday.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4-DOD-Apr19-SE
  • Post #33 - April 24th, 2019, 2:38 pm
    Post #33 - April 24th, 2019, 2:38 pm Post #33 - April 24th, 2019, 2:38 pm
    Thermoworks is now a corporate entity ranking up there with Weber, IMHO.

Monday I got a semi-boneless Aussie leg o' lamb ready to do our delayed Easter Din. Plugged in the Thermapen Chef's Alert or whatever it's called--the one you insert the probe in the food and then the food goes in the oven--probe and got a readout "No Probe." Ooops! Re-booted, got the same response. Sigh. Going to have to use the Thermapop instant read device instead. So I stuck the roast in and sent a quick email to Thermoworks asking for help. W/in 15mins I had a response that, yes, maybe the probe was gone, but first, check the batteries. Duh. I'd even forgotten that it *had* batteries! Opened the back, inserted two fresh new AAA batteries and bingo! I was back in biz. Wrote a quick thank you email.

That kind of response is admirable in today's world where, basically, most companies couldn't care less about after-purchase service.

Geo
    Sooo, you like wine and are looking for something good to read? Maybe *this* will do the trick! :)
  • Post #34 - May 24th, 2019, 10:50 am
    Post #34 - May 24th, 2019, 10:50 am Post #34 - May 24th, 2019, 10:50 am
    Classic only $59 this weekend

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events