LTH Home

Harissa Help

Harissa Help
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - March 24th, 2013, 11:23 am
    Post #31 - March 24th, 2013, 11:23 am Post #31 - March 24th, 2013, 11:23 am
    PS: Had a "bud" in Florida make harissa paste. It was a disaster + he ruined a good roast.

Wally Wade
  • Post #32 - March 26th, 2013, 9:35 am
    Post #32 - March 26th, 2013, 9:35 am Post #32 - March 26th, 2013, 9:35 am
    A friend purchased Cap Bon Harissa Paste for me at:

MIDDLE EASTERN BAKERY
    CORNER of CLARK & FOSTER

With in the last 8 months.
    Good Luck,

Wally Wade
  • Post #33 - February 15th, 2019, 8:47 pm
    Post #33 - February 15th, 2019, 8:47 pm Post #33 - February 15th, 2019, 8:47 pm
    seebee wrote:I do like Pita Inn's version as well. Yesterday, the Wheeling loc was smokin hot. I place it's flavor and profile as Mexican blender tomato salsa with about three times the amount of cumin you'd normally put in.

Is this what they give you in the little containers to go, with the tahini? I have about a gallon of this and want to make something with it finally.
    I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. ~ Jason Love

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I write stuff.
  • Post #34 - February 16th, 2019, 12:44 am
    Post #34 - February 16th, 2019, 12:44 am Post #34 - February 16th, 2019, 12:44 am
    Pie Lady wrote:
    seebee wrote:I do like Pita Inn's version as well. Yesterday, the Wheeling loc was smokin hot. I place it's flavor and profile as Mexican blender tomato salsa with about three times the amount of cumin you'd normally put in.

Is this what they give you in the little containers to go, with the tahini? I have about a gallon of this and want to make something with it finally.

My experience with it is that it usually ferments within a week or so. The lids start popping off the cups if I keep it around too long (yes, even in the fridge). But just to be clear, this is hot sauce, not harissa, though it very well might contain some harissa.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #35 - February 16th, 2019, 12:18 pm
    Post #35 - February 16th, 2019, 12:18 pm Post #35 - February 16th, 2019, 12:18 pm
    Pie Lady wrote:Is this what they give you in the little containers to go, with the tahini? I have about a gallon of this and want to make something with it finally.

ronnie_suburban wrote:My experience with it is that it usually ferments within a week or so. The lids start popping off the cups if I keep it around too long (yes, even in the fridge). But just to be clear, this is hot sauce, not harissa, though it very well might contain some harissa.

=R=

Oh good! Mine hasn't fermented (just checked) so now I just need to figure out what to do with it.
    I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. ~ Jason Love

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I write stuff.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more