LTH Home

Bistec Para Asar from Harvey's Fresh Market

Bistec Para Asar from Harvey's Fresh Market
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Bistec Para Asar from Harvey's Fresh Market

- September 9th, 2009, 9:36 am
    - September 9th, 2009, 9:36 am Post #1 - September 9th, 2009, 9:36 am
    Hi -

I've been keeping this in the back of my mind since the question was posed. I keep forgetting to ask the butchers of the markets I go to. Yesterday, I was in one of them, and the counter was kinda slow, so I posed the question in the best spanglish I could. The gentleman did not know what part it was in English, but he pointed at his deltoid region two or three times. He did not know the word in English however. He also twice emphatically commented that it was NOT the shoulder. I will keep trying, I go to several markets where the meat counter folks are spanish speakers and all of them market "Bistec Para Asar." I'm actually gonna go to a different one today. This one intrigues me. I've never bought it. I always go for outer skirt. In looking at it, I would say it LOOKS like thinly sliced top round, or shoulder, but what do I know. Spanish speaking LTH'ers, who go to these joints - a lil help here?
    Santander? Familia Foods, Tony's?

Lol - I just used google, and this thread was the first hit.
    We cannot be friends if you do not know the difference between Mayo and Miracle Whip.
    Pronoun: That fool over there
    Identifies as: A human that doesn't need to "identify as" something to try to somehow be interesting.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more