LTH Home

Good Gravy

Good Gravy
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - November 27th, 2010, 1:58 pm
    - November 27th, 2010, 1:58 pm Post #61 - November 27th, 2010, 1:58 pm
    I left the carcass in the slow cooker for hours, simmering into a nice stock. Then this morning I met pairs4life at a knife skills class this morning and since we were able to take home a bag of chopped onions, celery, peppers, carrots, zucchini and a little parsley, I think I'm going to end up making soup earlier than I thought. I feel like I'm getting four free meals.

As for the gravy, I'm combining many of the ideas above. I went to Chambers restaurant just a few blocks north of me for fresh giblet gravy for the meal, then saved all the drippings. They filled two pint containers, but once I take the giant block of fat off the top, I think I'll have one pint. This will go into the freezer to be defrosted for next years' homemade gravy.

We were all pleased with most of the meal (except I hated the recipe I used for corn pudding this year, blecch) and poor kitty was very disappointed that he only got to lick some spilled drippings off the floor. You could tell the little guy was devising a plan to get up on the buffet to no avail.
    I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. ~ Jason Love

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I write stuff.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more