LTH Home

Cheese

Cheese
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Cheese

Post #1 - October 24th, 2017, 7:19 am
    Post #1 - October 24th, 2017, 7:19 am Post #1 - October 24th, 2017, 7:19 am
    Forgive me if this has been done, can not find in a search. I learned right here at LTH of Aldi's special pricing and wonderful cheeses, and thanks! But I wonder if there are any other hidden bargains in cheese around Chicagoland. Also suggestions for cheeses to try would be appreciated as I am making a small cheese tray for this week-end for my Mahj group and would love to spring something new.
    My current favorite find is at Trader Joes's: Toscano. A bit of a stretch for my pedestrian tastes, but wonderful aftertaste.
  • Post #2 - October 25th, 2017, 6:00 am
    Post #2 - October 25th, 2017, 6:00 am Post #2 - October 25th, 2017, 6:00 am
    Next time you are at the cheese section at Trader Joe’s, try some St. Andre and/or Delice de Bourgogne. Both are soft, creamy brie-type cheese that usually draw raves on a cheese board. Let them soften for an hour before serving with your favorite bread and fruit – blueberries and raspberries are particularly good matches for the cheese.

Another advantage of buying these at TJ’s is that they will likely be priced considerably lower than at other stores.
  • Post #3 - October 25th, 2017, 9:37 am
    Post #3 - October 25th, 2017, 9:37 am Post #3 - October 25th, 2017, 9:37 am
    I second that rec for St Andre. I love it with the fig jam that TJs sells. Either baguette or Carr's wheatmeal cracker pairs well.

Have you ever tried Cotswold? Its a medium softish cheddar with chives in it. TJs. Whole Foods and Marianos carries it.
  • Post #4 - October 25th, 2017, 10:36 pm
    Post #4 - October 25th, 2017, 10:36 pm Post #4 - October 25th, 2017, 10:36 pm
    jimd wrote:Next time you are at the cheese section at Trader Joe’s, try some St. Andre and/or Delice de Bourgogne.

I love Delice! Good to know it's available at TJ's at a lower price point, I'll make sure to check that out. Thanks!
    Objects in mirror appear to be losing.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more