LTH Home

Your own chili recipe nickname?

Your own chili recipe nickname?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Your own chili recipe nickname?

Post #1 - December 8th, 2017, 9:31 am
    Post #1 - December 8th, 2017, 9:31 am Post #1 - December 8th, 2017, 9:31 am
    Mine is "Godzilla". It's meatless, but loaded with cheese. So it's not vegan.

And I guess you could say it's sort of spicy hot. A lot. Been making it since 1978.

Does anyone have a nickname for their chili recipe? Or am I a weirdo on this one?

Thanks.
  • Post #2 - December 8th, 2017, 9:50 am
    Post #2 - December 8th, 2017, 9:50 am Post #2 - December 8th, 2017, 9:50 am
    Not chili but I do make a chicken dish that I kind of 'invented' a few years ago when my cupboard was pretty bare. It's since come to be known as Chicken-y Chicken.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #3 - December 8th, 2017, 1:10 pm
    Post #3 - December 8th, 2017, 1:10 pm Post #3 - December 8th, 2017, 1:10 pm
    Stole the name from the UK potato and cabbage version, but I make a version of "Bubble and Squek" with Thanksgiving leftovers. Take chunks of turkey, leftover mashed potato, mashed rutabaga, the stuffing, and whatever else you want. Mix well and patty up. Fry slowly in butter and top with gravy. The family only knows this as "Bubble and Squek."
  • Post #4 - December 8th, 2017, 2:49 pm
    Post #4 - December 8th, 2017, 2:49 pm Post #4 - December 8th, 2017, 2:49 pm
    Not alone! We call it Green Beach Chili.
    The name is Green Bay Chili, but when one of my daughter's friends heard what we were making, she heard "Green Beach" and the name stuck...
  • Post #5 - December 8th, 2017, 8:16 pm
    Post #5 - December 8th, 2017, 8:16 pm Post #5 - December 8th, 2017, 8:16 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Not chili but I do make a chicken dish that I kind of 'invented' a few years ago when my cupboard was pretty bare. It's since come to be known as Chicken-y Chicken.

=R=

There could probably be a split thread of our invented or nicknamed dishes. Back in the 90s, a friend and I became known for "That Salmon". It was a sesame-and-peppercorn-crusted salmon recipe from Bon Appetit with a honey-soy glaze. Our closest circle quickly learned that if someone was coming over for the first time and the response to "What are you making?" was "That salmon", the relationship had potential.
  • Post #6 - December 19th, 2017, 1:05 pm
    Post #6 - December 19th, 2017, 1:05 pm Post #6 - December 19th, 2017, 1:05 pm
    Midwestern Soupy Turkey Chili
    Leek

SAVING ONE DOG may not change the world,
    but it CHANGES THE WORLD for that one dog.
    American Brittany Rescue always needs foster homes. Please think about helping that one dog. http://www.americanbrittanyrescue.org

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more