LTH Home

Costco

Costco
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 33 of 33 
  • Post #961 - May 6th, 2019, 9:28 am
    Post #961 - May 6th, 2019, 9:28 am Post #961 - May 6th, 2019, 9:28 am
    Cathy2 wrote:Hi,

Pizza at Costco can be made vegetarian, if you order a whole pizza. Until very recently, you could order a sausage or pepperoni pizza, but now sausage is eliminated. Sausage with pepperoni is still available as a combo.

Regards,
    Cathy2

pepperoni pizza = OK
    sausage pizza = NO
    sausage with pepperoni = OK

I seem to recall they often can and will make the pizza's to order so you are saying that they will refuse to make just a sausage pizza?

I mean, the sausage is right there waiting to be joined with pepperoni.
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat
  • Post #962 - May 6th, 2019, 9:44 am
    Post #962 - May 6th, 2019, 9:44 am Post #962 - May 6th, 2019, 9:44 am
    Panther in the Den wrote:I seem to recall they often can and will make the pizza's to order so you are saying that they will refuse to make just a sausage pizza?

They have a list of what they will do and sausage-only is no longer an option. You are welcome to test this for yourself and advise.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #963 - May 6th, 2019, 10:48 am
    Post #963 - May 6th, 2019, 10:48 am Post #963 - May 6th, 2019, 10:48 am
    Panther in the Den wrote:
    Cathy2 wrote:Hi,

Pizza at Costco can be made vegetarian, if you order a whole pizza. Until very recently, you could order a sausage or pepperoni pizza, but now sausage is eliminated. Sausage with pepperoni is still available as a combo.

Regards,
    Cathy2

pepperoni pizza = OK
    sausage pizza = NO
    sausage with pepperoni = OK

I seem to recall they often can and will make the pizza's to order so you are saying that they will refuse to make just a sausage pizza?

I mean, the sausage is right there waiting to be joined with pepperoni.

They do make them to order and the staff is usually accommodating but they have a set menu they can't veer from. Frustrating when you can plainly see them placing ingredients, but I guess they don't want to open the door to 100 variations.
  • Post #964 - May 6th, 2019, 11:24 am
    Post #964 - May 6th, 2019, 11:24 am Post #964 - May 6th, 2019, 11:24 am
    spinynorman99 wrote:Frustrating when you can plainly see them placing ingredients, but I guess they don't want to open the door to 100 variations.

Costco's sheetcakes once allowed three cake choices: vanilla, chocolate and carrot cake. There were multiple fillings. Now it is chocolate and vanilla cake with either chocolate or vanilla mousse filling and frosting. I can only guess orders were being mixed with the old system.

My favorite sheet cake combo once was: carrot cake, cream cheese icing and apricot filling.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #965 - May 6th, 2019, 11:44 am
    Post #965 - May 6th, 2019, 11:44 am Post #965 - May 6th, 2019, 11:44 am
    spinynorman99 wrote:They do make them to order and the staff is usually accommodating but they have a set menu they can't veer from. Frustrating when you can plainly see them placing ingredients, but I guess they don't want to open the door to 100 variations.

It sounds like they went from 4 variations to 3?
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat
  • Post #966 - May 6th, 2019, 11:47 am
    Post #966 - May 6th, 2019, 11:47 am Post #966 - May 6th, 2019, 11:47 am
    Panther in the Den wrote:
    spinynorman99 wrote:They do make them to order and the staff is usually accommodating but they have a set menu they can't veer from. Frustrating when you can plainly see them placing ingredients, but I guess they don't want to open the door to 100 variations.

It sounds like they went from 4 variations to 3?

I think they do cheese, veggie, sausage/pepp, pepperoni. In any case, it's my "when there's nothing else" option. This city has so much amazing pizza we're down to about 2x/year.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more