LTH Home

Baconfest Chicago 2010

Baconfest Chicago 2010
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Baconfest Chicago 2010

- March 31st, 2009, 9:46 pm
    - March 31st, 2009, 9:46 pm Post #1 - March 31st, 2009, 9:46 pm
    Hello my friends!

I want to be the first to invite your participation in Baconfest Chicago - a celebration of all things bacon that I'm working on with some bacon-loving theater friends. We're planning a bacon-extravaganza with artisanal bacon purveyors selling their wares, chefs presenting bacony snacks, a bacon cook-off, bacon costumes, contests for bacon-based visual art, bacon liquors and bacony beer plus bacon bands at night. Date and venue are still to be decided - our plan is to schedule the event for the end of October.

You may say - this bacon business is a flash-in-the-pan overhyped internet phenomenon. Why, even the MSM NYT has long-form articles about bacon-obsessed nerds. Bacon is played out.

I disagree! Bacon on the internet may be on the way out, but bacon in real-life is just getting started. We are hoping to build a community on high-quality bacon and creative bacon-based interactions.

So - LTHers: check out the Baconfest website: http://baconfestchicago.com.
    Peep the Baconfest facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=74055287213.
    Follow our twitter feed @baconfestchi.

We're still building up our plans - we need a bacon-venue, we're entertaining options for different bacon vendors and looking for professional chefs and bacon home-cooks interested in participating. We'd love to have some family bacon events - Purple Asparagus, I'm looking at you!

I'd be grateful for any suggestions you have of leads to track down (local pig-farms, chicago bacon curiosities, chefs with a proven way with bacon), ideas for contests, devastating critiques, constructive suggestions and slash and burn recriminations. Here's your chance to create a Baconfest that you can love (or hate!).

Love,

Seth and the baconfest team (Andre and Mike).

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more