LTH Home

Sweet, by Yottom Ottolenghi and Helen Goh

Sweet, by Yottom Ottolenghi and Helen Goh
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Sweet, by Yottom Ottolenghi and Helen Goh

Post #1 - October 17th, 2017, 4:19 pm
    Post #1 - October 17th, 2017, 4:19 pm Post #1 - October 17th, 2017, 4:19 pm
    i just borrowed this new dessert cookbook from the library; i haven't baked anything from it yet but it's impressive reading. when i do try something (probably the beet/ginger cake as i'm laboriously making my own candied ginger for the recipe) i'll post it. if anyone's tried any recipes please post your results here, if you would. i'm curious if they turn out as well as i think they will! thanks
  • Post #2 - October 18th, 2017, 7:21 am
    Post #2 - October 18th, 2017, 7:21 am Post #2 - October 18th, 2017, 7:21 am
    justjoan wrote:i just borrowed this new dessert cookbook from the library; i haven't baked anything from it yet but it's impressive reading. when i do try something (probably the beet/ginger cake as i'm laboriously making my own candied ginger for the recipe) i'll post it. if anyone's tried any recipes please post your results here, if you would. i'm curious if they turn out as well as i think they will! thanks

Do you read David Lieberman's blog? He just did a review of the book and made that cake. He said it was a hit - and he said he bought his ginger!
  • Post #3 - October 18th, 2017, 8:26 am
    Post #3 - October 18th, 2017, 8:26 am Post #3 - October 18th, 2017, 8:26 am
    knitgirl wrote:
    justjoan wrote:i just borrowed this new dessert cookbook from the library; i haven't baked anything from it yet but it's impressive reading. when i do try something (probably the beet/ginger cake as i'm laboriously making my own candied ginger for the recipe) i'll post it. if anyone's tried any recipes please post your results here, if you would. i'm curious if they turn out as well as i think they will! thanks

Do you read David Lieberman's blog? He just did a review of the book and made that cake. He said it was a hit - and he said he bought his ginger!

i happened to have a large amount of ginger in my freezer and having never made my own candied ginger i just decided to try it. i actually used lebovitz's recipe and i doubt if i'll ever do it again, but it was fun to try it once. it's time consuming to clean all that ginger and it took forever to get to the proper temperature (225 degrees). so long that i tested my thermometer and discovered it won't go higher than 180 degrees, which is a uselessly low temperature for any kind of caramel or candy making, so i tossed it. i also own a jar of citric acid which should take the place of the vitamin C tablet called for in the cake recipe- so i'll probably make the beet and ginger cake this week....

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more