LTH Home

Paula Deen SHOCKER (not)

Paula Deen SHOCKER (not)
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 9 of 9 
  • Post #241 - September 3rd, 2015, 8:41 am
    Post #241 - September 3rd, 2015, 8:41 am Post #241 - September 3rd, 2015, 8:41 am
    Google this (the exact title of the article) to read it for free
    https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... 8&oe=UTF-8
  • Post #242 - September 15th, 2015, 5:01 pm
    Post #242 - September 15th, 2015, 5:01 pm Post #242 - September 15th, 2015, 5:01 pm
    Hi- I just looked on Amazon, and I noticed that Dora Charles book has all five star reviews. Paula's new book is selling better, but the reviews aren't all as glowing.

It is often mentioned that Ms. Charles was mostly paid $10 an hour while she worked for Ms. Deen, but when she was forced to resign, she was making $71,000 a year. Apparently the day after her interview appeared in the NYT two years ago, she showed up for work, and was told her services were no longer needed. Apparently Dora did eventually receive a settlement from Paula. How many people with just a 7th grade education can have a job that pays $71,000 a year? She has not been able to get another cooking job since she left that job.
  • Post #243 - September 15th, 2015, 5:07 pm
    Post #243 - September 15th, 2015, 5:07 pm Post #243 - September 15th, 2015, 5:07 pm
    NFriday wrote:Hi- I just looked on Amazon, and I noticed that Dora Charles book has all five star reviews. Paula's new book is selling better, but the reviews aren't all as glowing.

It is often mentioned that Ms. Charles was mostly paid $10 an hour while she worked for Ms. Deen, but when she was forced to resign, she was making $71,000 a year. Apparently the day after her interview appeared in the NYT two years ago, she showed up for work, and was told her services were no longer needed. Apparently Dora did eventually receive a settlement from Paula. How many people with just a 7th grade education can have a job that pays $71,000 a year? She has not been able to get another cooking job since she left that job.

Are you suggesting that one's earnings, in this instance in the food service world, should be tied to one's education level? :roll:
    Ava-"If you get down and out, just get in the kitchen and bake a cake."- Jean Strickland

Horto In Urbs- Falling in love with Urban Vegetable Gardening
  • Post #244 - September 15th, 2015, 5:28 pm
    Post #244 - September 15th, 2015, 5:28 pm Post #244 - September 15th, 2015, 5:28 pm
    Most people do not make that kind of money working in a professional kitchen, including many people that have graduated from cooking school. I am not a big fan of Paula's at all, and Dora did work for her for over 20 years, and so she deserved the money, and she had to put up with a lot of grief.
  • Post #245 - September 15th, 2015, 7:34 pm
    Post #245 - September 15th, 2015, 7:34 pm Post #245 - September 15th, 2015, 7:34 pm
    pairs4life wrote:
    NFriday wrote: How many people with just a 7th grade education can have a job that pays $71,000 a year?

Are you suggesting that one's earnings, in this instance in the food service world, should be tied to one's education level? :roll:

Would like to see a map of how that conclusion was reached from that basis.
    fine words butter no parsnips
  • Post #246 - September 16th, 2015, 12:42 am
    Post #246 - September 16th, 2015, 12:42 am Post #246 - September 16th, 2015, 12:42 am
    pairs4life wrote:Are you suggesting that one's earnings, in this instance in the food service world, should be tied to one's education level? :roll:

I certainly didn't read any such inference into that posting. Instead I thought it was a fair question. While NBA stars are sometimes straight out of High School and more frequently these days 1 year of College and then making millions how many people are making $70K after only a 7th grade education? It's merely a question and not an indictment. We know of famous rich college dropouts like Bill Gates but how many never even made it through middle school? As someone who does statistics as part of my job I think this would be an outlier but am curious to hear others that have more info share other such possible data points.
    Objects in mirror appear to be losing.
  • Post #247 - September 16th, 2015, 9:56 am
    Post #247 - September 16th, 2015, 9:56 am Post #247 - September 16th, 2015, 9:56 am
    NFriday wrote:Most people do not make that kind of money working in a professional kitchen, including many people that have graduated from cooking school. I am not a big fan of Paula's at all, and Dora did work for her for over 20 years, and so she deserved the money, and she had to put up with a lot of grief.

Thanks for answering my question.
    Ava-"If you get down and out, just get in the kitchen and bake a cake."- Jean Strickland

Horto In Urbs- Falling in love with Urban Vegetable Gardening
  • Post #248 - September 7th, 2020, 3:29 pm
    Post #248 - September 7th, 2020, 3:29 pm Post #248 - September 7th, 2020, 3:29 pm
    Hi- I don't know if anybody would be interested in this, but I heard there is a new Paula Deen show on Fox Nation. I went on Fox, and all I saw mentioned was a special they were doing with Paula. I think Fox Nation you usually have to pay extra for, but I don't know how much since I am not interested in it. I don't know then if she is doing a weekly show there or not. I have not heard anything about her in ages.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more