LTH Home

Paula Deen SHOCKER (not)

Paula Deen SHOCKER (not)
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - June 23rd, 2013, 9:11 am
    - June 23rd, 2013, 9:11 am Post #91 - June 23rd, 2013, 9:11 am
    NFriday wrote:Has anybody here ever eaten at her restaurant in Savannah?

I ate at the restaurant about three years ago. I would NOT return for several reasons.

First, the restaurant largely consists of a buffet (three entrees per meal). The food was decent, standard southern fare. The problem that I had with it was that you could EASILY find a dozen restaurants within ten miles where you could get a heck of a lot more variety of food at equal quality. The night before, we ate at a place called Ole Times Country Buffet that had great variety of authentic southern comfort foods (eight variety of beans, for example) and a MINIMUM of 20 other vegetables, including some preparations that you would NEVER see outside of the deep South. That meal was $10 vs $17 at Paula's restaurant.

Second, I did NOT like how they let food sit out at room temperature rather than placing it in a heating cabinet. They SHOULD know better.

Third, we were staying at a state park 30 miles out of town. To make a reservation, you have to show up at 8:30 am, get in line and make the reservation IN PERSON. We did exactly that. We were supposed to show up at 11 am for seating. We arrived at 10:50 AM. We did NOT get seated until 11:30 am as they let THREE BUSLOADS of people into the place before us. When we finally did get in, we were seated at a very tiny two top on bar stools in the bar. It was very uncomfortable and a major disappointment.

Here are two recommendations in the general vicinity that were a lot better:

Ole Times Country Buffet
    http://southerncookinginc.com/oletimes/buffet-menu.php

Sgt. White's Restaurant, Parris Island, SC
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/sgt-whites-restaurant-beaufort
    Last edited by jlawrence01 on June 23rd, 2013, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more