GNR

Posted March 2nd 2012, 6:57pm
Every Friday year round is fish fry Friday in Milwaukee, where even the Chinese restaurants offer fish fry, but here's a list of seasonal offerings at area parish churches.

http://www.archmil.org/Parishes/Parish-Fishfries.htm

LAZ
Please see this thread on LTHForum's new Terms of Service
for why my photos and other portions of my posts have been removed
Index to LTHForum Recipes, 2004-2008
Posted March 12th 2012, 9:21pm
I am headed up to Milwaukee this weekend. Is there a fish fry someone can recommend?

Lead Moderator
Posted April 16th 2012, 8:55pm
Hi,

Mary Bergin, a Wisconsin food writer, discusses fish fries on the Joy Cardin Show with a podcast available here.

Joy Cardin
from Friday, April 6, 2012 at 6:00 AM
This Good Friday, many people around Wisconsin will go out for a traditional fish fry. Join Joy Cardin and her guest after six as they discuss this Wisconsin tradition, why we have Friday fish fries, and where the best fish fries are in Wisconsin.
Guest:
Mary Bergin, freelance travel writer and author of regional travel books, and for almost 10 years writer of a weekly column called "Roads Traveled" about places in, near, and dear to Wisconsin. "Roads Traveled" appears in several Wisconsin newspapers.

Mary will talk about drive-ins at the Road Food: Exploring the Midwest One Bite at a Time.

Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
Chefs

Online Information