LTH Home

Montrose Beach Potluck/BBQ 2016 - #3, Islander/Tiki

Montrose Beach Potluck/BBQ 2016 - #3, Islander/Tiki
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Montrose Beach Potluck/BBQ 2016 - #3, Islander/Tiki

Post #1 - August 19th, 2016, 12:34 pm
    Post #1 - August 19th, 2016, 12:34 pm Post #1 - August 19th, 2016, 12:34 pm
    Busy summer, and too few beach BBQs this year, so I just have no choice but to bring back two (or three) of my favorite themes and combine them.

Hawai'ian Luau & Islander themes.

montrosebbq2016-3.jpg

I think the theme title is pretty self explanatory, so feel free to make or create anything that may fit with this general theme. Sorry for the last minute posting, and see you all there!
    ---------------
    The location and FAQ will remain largely the same. There will be only one more after this, and it will be on Sept. 4th, so keep posted to see that one!

Prior years, newcomers from time to time get lost trying to find the spot. It is just north of montrose beach, but that doesn't mean it's on montrose, and it's not exactly on the beach either. It is actually just a little north of Lawrence Ave. Please look at the map and answers to other questions here:
    FAQ AND SCHEDULE.

RSVP below, and please let me know what you plan to bring. You can also RSVP, invite friends, and join the conversation over at the Facebook event page.

For the details, like where, when, what to bring, etc, please see:
    FAQ AND SCHEDULE.
    montrosebbq2016-3.jpg
    Last edited by laikom on August 30th, 2016, 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.

-Mark Twain
  • Post #2 - August 19th, 2016, 12:56 pm
    Post #2 - August 19th, 2016, 12:56 pm Post #2 - August 19th, 2016, 12:56 pm
    Wish I'd known sooner--just committed to helping with a friend's fundraiser that day. I'll try to stop by after.

I've really missed these. Summer wasn't the same without them.
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #3 - August 19th, 2016, 2:25 pm
    Post #3 - August 19th, 2016, 2:25 pm Post #3 - August 19th, 2016, 2:25 pm
    FWIW, I know there is the air and water show, but we have had it during the show before and it has not been a parking problem in the past. I can't guarantee anything, but we are in a secluded spot on the grass north of the beach. The show is all the way down on north ave, and you can't see much of it from montrose. If you are worried, just park outside and bus or uber in. But really shouldn't be that big of a deal.
    Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.

-Mark Twain

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more