LTH Home

Fooditor, December 9 @ 10 am

Fooditor, December 9 @ 10 am
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Fooditor, December 9 @ 10 am

Post #1 - November 24th, 2017, 9:35 pm
    Post #1 - November 24th, 2017, 9:35 pm Post #1 - November 24th, 2017, 9:35 pm
    Chicago Foodways Roundtable presents

Fooditor.com
    Eat Chicago. Drink Chicago. Read Chicago

Michael Gebert, Editor

Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 10 AM
    Kendall College, School of Culinary Arts
    900 N. North Branch Street, Chicago
    (West of Halsted Street, North of Chicago Avenue)
    Free Parking in the student lot across the street, not in front, please!
    Cost: $3. Free to Kendall students and faculty with ID.

The world of Chicago food media is rapidly changing. Michael Gebert is a Chicago based writer who has found new opportunities to tell stories of Chicago's rich culture. He'll talk about the changing media landscape, how to find opportunities to share your voice within it, and the role of lists and guidebooks, from Michelin to his own, in helping people discover what their local food scene is about.

As editor and publisher of his own online magazine, Fooditor, he's just published the new edition of his guidebook The Fooditor 99, a local's guide to the best places to eat in Chicago right now.

MICHAEL GEBERT is a Chicago-based food writer, video producer and the editor of Fooditor.com, recognized as the most in-depth publication on food in Chicago. He’s written for local publications like the Reader and Time Out Chicago, for national publications including Air Canada’s En Route and Saveur, and as a frequent guest on radio and local food events. He won a James Beard Foundation award for the Reader’s Key Ingredient chef video series.

This program is hosted by the Chicago Foodways Roundtable. To reserve, please e-mail: culinaryhistorians@gmail.com.

http://culinaryhistorians.org/fooditor- ... d-chicago/
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #2 - June 3rd, 2018, 9:20 am
    Post #2 - June 3rd, 2018, 9:20 am Post #2 - June 3rd, 2018, 9:20 am
    Podcast
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
  • Post #3 - June 3rd, 2018, 1:01 pm
    Post #3 - June 3rd, 2018, 1:01 pm Post #3 - June 3rd, 2018, 1:01 pm
    Good listen, Cath. Mike's an interesting guy--I've written for him and he's a great editor & sounding board.

J
  • Post #4 - June 3rd, 2018, 2:22 pm
    Post #4 - June 3rd, 2018, 2:22 pm Post #4 - June 3rd, 2018, 2:22 pm
    jnm123 wrote:Good listen, Cath. Mike's an interesting guy--I've written for him and he's a great editor & sounding board.

J

And he is very funny, too.

My Mom heard the podcast this morning for the first time. I had her wear headphones, though it was very clear she was enjoying herself.

Thank you for taking time to listen. I appreciate it.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more