LTH Home

81st Dessert Exchange - Sunday, 1/20/19 at 4:00

81st Dessert Exchange - Sunday, 1/20/19 at 4:00
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - January 21st, 2019, 8:43 am
    Post #31 - January 21st, 2019, 8:43 am Post #31 - January 21st, 2019, 8:43 am
    pairs4life wrote:
    Cathy2 wrote:
    pairs4life wrote:Japanese cheesecake has been on my list for a long time. Is the driveway clear? It sound lovely!

Today's the day to check out a Japanese cheesecake, because the drive is now driveable!

Regards,
    Cathy2

That was so delicious. Thank you.

Indeed! I had some that SueF brought home,
    It was like if a cheesecake and a souffle had a baby that they hoped would grow up to fill a blintz.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #32 - January 26th, 2019, 1:08 pm
    Post #32 - January 26th, 2019, 1:08 pm Post #32 - January 26th, 2019, 1:08 pm
    Mollyanne asked for the soup recipe, and I'm happy to share. It's from the Smitten Kitchen Every Day cookbook. She has couscous added at the end, but I skipped that.
    Spiced Carrot and Pepper Soup - 4-6 servings

2 T olive oil
    4 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped or sliced (I used 1/2 an onion)
    6 large red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
    1 pound carrots, thinly sliced
    1 t. ground cumin
    1 t. sweet paprika
    1/8 t. cinnamon
    1/4 t. ground ginger (I used a scant 1/4 t.)
    a few saffron threads (optional)
    3. vegetable or chicken broth
    1 t. kosher salt, plus more to taste
    1 T. harissa, plus more to taste

Heat a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, and once it is very hot, add the garlic and onion. Cook until lightly browned, 5-10 minutes, then add the peppers. Cook until they begin to soften, about 10 minutes, then add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes together. Add the cumin, paprika, and other spices, and cook for 1 minute more. Pour in the broth and salt, and bring to a simmer. Cover, and simmer over gentle heat until the carrots and peppers are tender, 25-30 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture until smooth. Add the harissa a dollop at a time, to taste.
  • Post #33 - January 27th, 2019, 1:42 pm
    Post #33 - January 27th, 2019, 1:42 pm Post #33 - January 27th, 2019, 1:42 pm
    LauraS wrote:Mollyanne asked for the soup recipe, and I'm happy to share. It's from the Smitten Kitchen Every Day cookbook. She has couscous added at the end, but I skipped that.
    Spiced Carrot and Pepper Soup - 4-6 servings

2 T olive oil
    4 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped or sliced (I used 1/2 an onion)
    6 large red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
    1 pound carrots, thinly sliced
    1 t. ground cumin
    1 t. sweet paprika
    1/8 t. cinnamon
    1/4 t. ground ginger (I used a scant 1/4 t.)
    a few saffron threads (optional)
    3. vegetable or chicken broth
    1 t. kosher salt, plus more to taste
    1 T. harissa, plus more to taste

Heat a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, and once it is very hot, add the garlic and onion. Cook until lightly browned, 5-10 minutes, then add the peppers. Cook until they begin to soften, about 10 minutes, then add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes together. Add the cumin, paprika, and other spices, and cook for 1 minute more. Pour in the broth and salt, and bring to a simmer. Cover, and simmer over gentle heat until the carrots and peppers are tender, 25-30 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture until smooth. Add the harissa a dollop at a time, to taste.

Thank you so much! Perfect week to try making it.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more