LTH Home

Make it an LTHoliday with LTHForum gifts like these!

Make it an LTHoliday with LTHForum gifts like these!
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
     Page 1 of 2
  • Make it an LTHoliday with LTHForum gifts like these!

Post #1 - November 8th, 2006, 9:22 am
    Post #1 - November 8th, 2006, 9:22 am Post #1 - November 8th, 2006, 9:22 am
    Presenting The LTHForum Holiday Collection For 2006

Your family members wonder why you spend all this time talking about food on the computer... or where you ever heard of some of the places you drag them to for dinner.

Well, this year they can stop wondering and just start looking down at the logo on their own shirt. We've created a whole range of holiday gifts at Cafe Press bearing the LTHForum logo and some of the best LTHForum taglines over the last couple of years. Here's one example:

Most of them are apparel, but there are a couple of other cool items that we think will be must-haves this holiday season, including a bumper sticker expressing opposition to the foie gras ban, printed on weather-resistant, auto-compatible vinyl:

And if there's one that we're proudest of, it's the indescribable, world-famous LTHForum Pork Clock:

All the hip cubicles will be sporting one this year! There's plenty more to choose from, so go to the LTHForum Cafe Press store now. (One thing to note, Cafe Press is the best-known supplier of custom shirts and tchotchkes on the Internet, but unlike the bowling shirts folks, they only run the size up to L or XL most of the time. If you're looking for a "big and tall" gift, you'll want the LTHForum bowling shirt, linked separately below.)

These are perfect, one-of-a-kind gifts for that family member who, face it, isn't going to like your gift anyway so you might as well give them something that amuses you. It's the LTHForum Holiday Collection-- bringing families together by wearing food!

For all this and much more:

Go to the LTHForum Cafe Press store.

For bowling shirts only:

Go to the LTHForum Bowling Shirt page.

One other note. Cafe Press only let us create one slogan per each specific item, but if you'd like a different combination of slogan and shirt or whatever, PM me and I'll make it work.
    Last edited by Mike G on January 6th, 2007, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Watch Sky Full of Bacon, the Chicago food HD podcast!
    New episode: Soil, Corn, Cows and Cheese
    Watch the Reader's James Beard Award-winning Key Ingredient here.
  • Post #2 - November 8th, 2006, 9:40 am
    Post #2 - November 8th, 2006, 9:40 am Post #2 - November 8th, 2006, 9:40 am
    Mike G wrote:And if there's one that we're proudest of, it's the indescribable, world-famous LTHForum Pork Clock:

LTH,

Having had a bit of advance notice from Mike I've already received my first order* and am quite pleased with both quality and speed of delivery.

The LTHForum Pork Clock hanging on my wall makes me smile, how can you not love a clock where 12 is bacon and 6 hot links. :)

Enjoy,
    Gary

*I bought a couple of shirts for holiday gifts, but see a reorder that includes Pork Clocks as my default holiday gift.
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #3 - November 12th, 2006, 5:48 pm
    Post #3 - November 12th, 2006, 5:48 pm Post #3 - November 12th, 2006, 5:48 pm
    Well, since it was my quote and the long-sleeve shirt works great in the winter, I couldn't resist:

The clock and bumper sticker are pretty cool too.

Nice job, Mike.

Best,
    Michael
  • Post #4 - November 14th, 2006, 9:54 am
    Post #4 - November 14th, 2006, 9:54 am Post #4 - November 14th, 2006, 9:54 am
    Thought I'd show off the LTHForum Democracy in Action bumpersticker, emitting powerful waves of cognitive dissonance given my choice of a politically correct Veganwagen:

I have ordered a small stack of these and plan to present one, with compliments, to any restaurateur who has had trouble with the ordinance. (So far as I know, not counting the now-closed Block 44, that's Hot Doug's and Copperblue. Any others?)
  • Post #5 - November 14th, 2006, 11:28 am
    Post #5 - November 14th, 2006, 11:28 am Post #5 - November 14th, 2006, 11:28 am
    Mike G wrote:I have ordered a small stack of these and plan to present one, with compliments, to any restaurateur who has had trouble with the ordinance. (So far as I know, not counting the now-closed Block 44, that's Hot Doug's and Copperblue. Any others?)

Sweets and Savories.
    =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

"Enjoy every sandwich."

-Warren Zevon
  • Post #6 - November 20th, 2006, 12:21 pm
    Post #6 - November 20th, 2006, 12:21 pm Post #6 - November 20th, 2006, 12:21 pm

I was pleased to present a "Duck the foie gras ban" sticker to one of our leading civil disobedients...

And then to settle in for rabbit sausage with truffle moutarde and "fwah graa™," thus striking my own blow against The Man. Saul Alinsky would have been proud.

While the bumpersticker gets the attention, remember that there are lots of LTHForum goodies here, most more porky than political and thus suitable as gifts for all and sundry.

Plus, I can state with absolute assurance that, unlike the Playstation 3, no one has been shot buying LTHForum-branded merchandise. Shop safely-- shop culinarily-- shop civil disobediently at the LTHForum store!
  • Post #7 - December 3rd, 2006, 8:07 pm
    Post #7 - December 3rd, 2006, 8:07 pm Post #7 - December 3rd, 2006, 8:07 pm
    Not sure if my parents smiles are due to the platter of stone crab or their LTHforum shirts. Either way, all three are looking good. :)

Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #8 - December 3rd, 2006, 8:29 pm
    Post #8 - December 3rd, 2006, 8:29 pm Post #8 - December 3rd, 2006, 8:29 pm
    They're adorable! And the envy of all the shuffleboard players on the East Coast of Florida!
  • Post #9 - December 5th, 2006, 10:20 am
    Post #9 - December 5th, 2006, 10:20 am Post #9 - December 5th, 2006, 10:20 am
    I'm not sure how I missed this post the first time around, but Mr. & Mrs. Wiv look great. I'm sure they're the talk of the clubhouse.

Best,
    Michael
  • Post #10 - December 10th, 2006, 8:14 pm
    Post #10 - December 10th, 2006, 8:14 pm Post #10 - December 10th, 2006, 8:14 pm

One of the key benefits of the holiday party, along with eating, drinking and conversing, was seeing LTHForum merchandise in the flesh. Okay, I'm probably alone in seeing the event that way, nevertheless, here's Petit Pois with her prize (ironically, the shirt that was too small for virtually anyone at LTHForum went to the one person it's probably too big for), just one fine example of the many designs and messages available at (still enough time to get yours before Chrismukkahwanzawhatever):

http://www.cafepress.com/lthforum
  • Post #11 - December 18th, 2006, 9:26 am
    Post #11 - December 18th, 2006, 9:26 am Post #11 - December 18th, 2006, 9:26 am
    Just a reminder, there's still time to get your LTHForum gifts by the holiday of your choice, as long as you use 2 or 1 day shipping at Cafe Press.

Just imagine the joy Grandma will bring to the nursing home in her "The hottest thing since two-toned halvah" T-shirt.

http://www.cafepress.com/lthforum

A few more items, if you haven't visited the store:

• Post #12 - December 18th, 2006, 9:45 am
    Post #12 - December 18th, 2006, 9:45 am Post #12 - December 18th, 2006, 9:45 am
    HI,

I ordered the CARDIO shirt for my Mom for Christmas. It should be a hit at her cardio-rehab class.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #13 - December 21st, 2006, 11:25 pm
    Post #13 - December 21st, 2006, 11:25 pm Post #13 - December 21st, 2006, 11:25 pm
    Too late to order from Cafe Press for Christmas? Maybe. (I can't seem to get the site to load.)

Too late to get your hands on a World-Famous LTHForum Pork Clock? NO!

Right-On Futon, a fabulous pair of stores owned by LTHers, has a supply of Pork Clocks for sale at its two locations:

3012 N. Lincoln Avenue
    1184 N. Milwaukee Ave.
    http://www.rightonfuton.com/

• Post #14 - December 22nd, 2006, 12:00 am
    Post #14 - December 22nd, 2006, 12:00 am Post #14 - December 22nd, 2006, 12:00 am
    Mike G wrote:Too late to order from Cafe Press for Christmas? Maybe. (I can't seem to get the site to load.)

Too late to get your hands on a World-Famous LTHForum Pork Clock? NO!

Right-On Futon, a fabulous pair of stores owned by LTHers, has a supply of Pork Clocks for sale at its two locations:

3012 N. Lincoln Avenue
    1184 N. Milwaukee Ave.
    http://www.rightonfuton.com/

The shipment arrived today.

My East Coast Daughter will be so thrilled to have this handsome piggy clock in her new apartment.

My Chicago Daughter will proudly carry her cool LTH tote to her fancypants job.

My Oak Park Daughter will no doubt bring her LTH ultra-versatile sleeved tshirt to college next year.

Hammond
    "Don't you ever underestimate the power of a female." Bootsy Collins
  • Post #15 - December 23rd, 2006, 12:15 pm
    Post #15 - December 23rd, 2006, 12:15 pm Post #15 - December 23rd, 2006, 12:15 pm
    I ordered a bunch of stuff two weeks ago but not received anything yet. Is anyone else having a similar problem?
    Michael
  • Post #16 - December 23rd, 2006, 1:39 pm
    Post #16 - December 23rd, 2006, 1:39 pm Post #16 - December 23rd, 2006, 1:39 pm
    HI,

Did you go for free shipping? I ordered my stuff 12 hours after the free shipping guaranteed delivery before Christmas. I stubbornly stuck to free shipping, gambling it would come just in time anyway. I just got an e-mail yesterday advising it was shipped. I will photoshop Mom's head onto a CARDIO t-shirt as a Christmas gift coupon, which will probably hang off the refrigerator forever.

I am not making any excuses, though you do realize the company is in Nebraska. They had the same storm system visit them as Denver, which we got as rain late this week. Not making excuses, though weather may have impacted their best laid plans.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
  • Post #17 - December 26th, 2006, 10:08 am
    Post #17 - December 26th, 2006, 10:08 am Post #17 - December 26th, 2006, 10:08 am
    Being two weeks out, I opted for the free shipping. Oh well, I just hope it gets here before my out-of-towners leave in a few days. Michael
  • Post #18 - December 26th, 2006, 10:27 am
    Post #18 - December 26th, 2006, 10:27 am Post #18 - December 26th, 2006, 10:27 am
    Sorry about that. Hopefully it will come soon.
  • Post #19 - December 26th, 2006, 2:45 pm
    Post #19 - December 26th, 2006, 2:45 pm Post #19 - December 26th, 2006, 2:45 pm
    HI,

I did receive my shirts today. If Mom's cardio rehab friends razz her, I will be sure to report back!

Regards,
    Cathy2

• Post #20 - December 28th, 2006, 8:40 am
    Post #20 - December 28th, 2006, 8:40 am Post #20 - December 28th, 2006, 8:40 am
    My stuff came yesterday. Just in the (jolly 'ol saint) nick of time.
  • Post #21 - September 9th, 2007, 2:44 pm
    Post #21 - September 9th, 2007, 2:44 pm Post #21 - September 9th, 2007, 2:44 pm
    Someone asked about environmentally friendly LTHForum tote bags at the picnic yesterday-- never let it be said that I missed an opportunity to plug the full line of LTHForum merchandise at Cafe Press. Such as... a tote bag. Click on the buttons to see the slogan on each side-- they're different!
  • Post #22 - September 9th, 2007, 3:12 pm
    Post #22 - September 9th, 2007, 3:12 pm Post #22 - September 9th, 2007, 3:12 pm
    Mike,

Now that you mention it, a few people at the picnic asked me about where I got my LTH Forum bowling shirt. Are those still available?
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #23 - September 9th, 2007, 3:17 pm
    Post #23 - September 9th, 2007, 3:17 pm Post #23 - September 9th, 2007, 3:17 pm
    Thank you for asking-- yes they are!

LTHForum bowling shirts
  • Post #24 - September 11th, 2007, 4:27 pm
    Post #24 - September 11th, 2007, 4:27 pm Post #24 - September 11th, 2007, 4:27 pm
    Mike G wrote:Someone asked about environmentally friendly LTHForum tote bags at the picnic yesterday-- never let it be said that I missed an opportunity to plug the full line of LTHForum merchandise at Cafe Press. Such as... a tote bag. Click on the buttons to see the slogan on each side-- they're different!

The totes look great. And what better way to show other shoppers that your groceries completey pwn theirs? I am definitely going to order a couple.

Any chance of applying some LTHForum.com artwork to one of the Cafe Press ball caps? I could see taking inventory of a few of those, as well.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #25 - September 11th, 2007, 4:43 pm
    Post #25 - September 11th, 2007, 4:43 pm Post #25 - September 11th, 2007, 4:43 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Any chance of applying some LTHForum.com artwork to one of the Cafe Press ball caps? I could see taking inventory of a few of those, as well.

=R=

A word of warning. I hadsome Cafepress ballcaps made up for my company and the logos didn't seem to hold up very well under wear. They are made of the same iron on stuff they use for the t-shirts and the hats just don't work. I'd suggest having a small run of embroidered hats made up for those that want them. I'm sure we could come up with enough hat wearers to put together a decent sized order with a company that makes embroidered hats. There is one next door to my office and I could check on prices if there is any interest.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #26 - September 11th, 2007, 6:47 pm
    Post #26 - September 11th, 2007, 6:47 pm Post #26 - September 11th, 2007, 6:47 pm
    stevez wrote:
    ronnie_suburban wrote:Any chance of applying some LTHForum.com artwork to one of the Cafe Press ball caps? I could see taking inventory of a few of those, as well.

=R=

A word of warning. I hadsome Cafepress ballcaps made up for my company and the logos didn't seem to hold up very well under wear. They are made of the same iron on stuff they use for the t-shirts and the hats just don't work. I'd suggest having a small run of embroidered hats made up for those that want them. I'm sure we could come up with enough hat wearers to put together a decent sized order with a company that makes embroidered hats. There is one next door to my office and I could check on prices if there is any interest.

Thanks, Steve, for the scouting report on the Cafe Press caps.

I'd definitely be interested in a nicer, embroidered version and I'm pretty sure germuska may have posted that he has interest in caps, too. But I wouldn't want to create a bunch of busy-work for you or anyone else. If it's not too inconvenient, go ahead and check it out. Otherwise, please don't bother.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #27 - September 11th, 2007, 6:53 pm
    Post #27 - September 11th, 2007, 6:53 pm Post #27 - September 11th, 2007, 6:53 pm
    I did indeed make a suggestion and I'd buy one if we put together a short run.
    Joe G.

"Whatever may be wrong with the world, at least it has some good things to eat." -- Cowboy Jack Clement
  • Post #28 - March 14th, 2010, 10:07 am
    Post #28 - March 14th, 2010, 10:07 am Post #28 - March 14th, 2010, 10:07 am
    It would be nice if there was an LTHF pin or button we could buy and wear it if we were eating at a restaurant to identify ourselves. I was at Katy's in Naperville last night and wondered if there were any others from the board there. It would be nice to meet some people that post here.
    Toria

"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - As You Like It,
    W. Shakespeare
  • Post #29 - March 14th, 2010, 10:20 am
    Post #29 - March 14th, 2010, 10:20 am Post #29 - March 14th, 2010, 10:20 am
    toria wrote:It would be nice if there was an LTHF pin or button we could buy and wear it if we were eating at a restaurant to identify ourselves. I was at Katy's in Naperville last night and wondered if there were any others from the board there. It would be nice to meet some people that post here.

While we’re waiting for buttons, consider flashing LTH gang salute.
    "Don't you ever underestimate the power of a female." Bootsy Collins
  • Post #30 - March 14th, 2010, 12:59 pm
    Post #30 - March 14th, 2010, 12:59 pm Post #30 - March 14th, 2010, 12:59 pm
    I'll flash next time.
    Toria

"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - As You Like It,
    W. Shakespeare

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more