LTH Home

LTH Swag?

LTH Swag?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • LTH Swag?

Post #1 - May 16th, 2007, 2:37 pm
    Post #1 - May 16th, 2007, 2:37 pm Post #1 - May 16th, 2007, 2:37 pm
    Has anyone investigated using Cafepress or Threadless or one of the similar companies to create LTH-themed coffee mugs, t-shirts, and, as was recently suggested by someone on the "Threat or Menace" thread (ah, a J. Jonah Jameson fan, eh?), shopping bags?

MrsF has been itching to switch to cloth shopping bags anyway, and the "Blow Up Under the Sea" would be a great logo, as would a number of the other older ones.

And a T-Shirt with "I am thinking of frying the adults, then eating them as-is." would be fun too -- need a nice bug photo for the front.

I could have sworn there was a coffee mug deal in place at one point... but a search of the site turned up nothing, only the Bowling Shirt.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #2 - May 16th, 2007, 2:39 pm
    Post #2 - May 16th, 2007, 2:39 pm Post #2 - May 16th, 2007, 2:39 pm
    You mean like this?
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #3 - May 16th, 2007, 3:09 pm
    Post #3 - May 16th, 2007, 3:09 pm Post #3 - May 16th, 2007, 3:09 pm
    Joel! Where were you during the holidays? We were hawking this stuff left and right!

Here's the thread:
    http://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=10606
  • Post #4 - May 16th, 2007, 4:06 pm
    Post #4 - May 16th, 2007, 4:06 pm Post #4 - May 16th, 2007, 4:06 pm
    How about something subtle, like a lapel pin, to help LTHers identify one another?
  • Post #5 - May 16th, 2007, 5:45 pm
    Post #5 - May 16th, 2007, 5:45 pm Post #5 - May 16th, 2007, 5:45 pm
    (Annoyed grunt) - I kept searching for things like "mug" and "shirt" and not finding them. Either I broke the search button, or I'm typing in urdu or something. I remembered seeing that stuff (I'd forgotten the piggy clock), but I could no longer be sure it was a real memory, or a fabrication of my diseased brain.

Would it take much to get some of the logo pix on a shirt? Or perhaps the Moto raccoon-roadkill shot plus a raccoon quote from the masthead?

I may have to get me one o' them ther' totebags.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #6 - May 16th, 2007, 6:12 pm
    Post #6 - May 16th, 2007, 6:12 pm Post #6 - May 16th, 2007, 6:12 pm
    The logo pix are so small and so low-res, they'd have to be redone. Not that that couldn't be done. I'll think about it.

Mind you, we didn't sell THAT much of any of this stuff, so it's not like I'm sitting here thinking up new ways to tap that market....
    Watch Sky Full of Bacon, the Chicago food HD podcast!
    New episode: Soil, Corn, Cows and Cheese
    Watch the Reader's James Beard Award-winning Key Ingredient here.
  • Post #7 - April 30th, 2012, 6:04 pm
    Post #7 - April 30th, 2012, 6:04 pm Post #7 - April 30th, 2012, 6:04 pm
    Just a bump to suggest that LTH pins/badges and luggage tags be added to the assortment of Cafe Press stuff. (Maybe even a version of pin where there's room to write in one's screen name.) I was at Dark Lord Day on Saturday and realized after the fact that I could have easily been chatting with strangers who are also LTH folks, but it didn't come up in conversation. Something that could have been pinned to a coat or backpack would have been a great eye-grabber/conversation starter. (It was cold, so people were bundled up, which means the t-shirt never would have been visible hidden under my coat & sweater.)

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more