LTH Home

2008 GNR Nominee Google Map

2008 GNR Nominee Google Map
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • 2008 GNR Nominee Google Map

Post #1 - October 2nd, 2008, 9:13 am
    Post #1 - October 2nd, 2008, 9:13 am Post #1 - October 2nd, 2008, 9:13 am
    The next step of the GNR process is vitally important: discussion. Since GNRs are based entirely on what is written about them on LTHForum, we depend on LTHers to research the nominees, to check them out and write out their thoughts, be they good, bad or indifferent. Your (collective) posts about a given nominee, whether on the nominating thread or elsewhere on the board, are the deciding factor in awarding a GNR.

To that end, I've created a Google Map with all the nominees on it, and links to the nomination thread. Feel free to use this resource to plan your lunches and dinners for the next few weeks: you will note that current nominees cover Chicagoland pretty thoroughly, so no matter where you go, you should find a nominee nearby.

Nominee Google Map
  • Post #2 - October 2nd, 2008, 9:19 am
    Post #2 - October 2nd, 2008, 9:19 am Post #2 - October 2nd, 2008, 9:19 am
    Mhays,

Great job on the Google map. I know that some areas of Chicagoland had been neglected at GNR time in the past, but it looks like this year's crop is pretty evenly distributed across the entire area. Nice job nominators!
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #3 - October 13th, 2008, 11:16 am
    Post #3 - October 13th, 2008, 11:16 am Post #3 - October 13th, 2008, 11:16 am
    stevez wrote:...it looks like this year's crop is pretty evenly distributed across the entire area. Nice job nominators!

Agree that the geographical diversity is nice. And at the same time (in seeming contradiction), the map also makes it easy to say, "Hmm, I wonder what place that's in my own backyard might be a GNR nominee I should try?" Thanks, M.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more