LTH Home

Site down for maintenance - again, late tonight - 11/12/14

Site down for maintenance - again, late tonight - 11/12/14
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Site down for maintenance - again, late tonight - 11/12/14

Post #1 - November 5th, 2014, 1:54 pm
    Post #1 - November 5th, 2014, 1:54 pm Post #1 - November 5th, 2014, 1:54 pm
    Hey everyone,

Steve's going to take the site offline later tonight (sometime after 11 pm) for a few hours in an effort to work out a few technical issues that have popped up lately, especially some that we believe are being caused by a problematic, 3rd-party plug-in. He expects it'll take about 3 hours but other than that, I cannot provide much more detail than that because he just won't know how long it will take until he gets under the hood and tries a few fixes.

We expect the site to be up and running again by Thursday morning -- hopefully with some of the glitches remedied.

Thanks,

=R=
    for the Moderators
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #2 - November 6th, 2014, 1:15 pm
    Post #2 - November 6th, 2014, 1:15 pm Post #2 - November 6th, 2014, 1:15 pm
    Looks like Steve's going to take another crack at it tonight. Same parameters as last night.

Thanks again, for your patience and understanding.

=R=
    for the Moderators
  • Post #3 - November 12th, 2014, 1:50 pm
    Post #3 - November 12th, 2014, 1:50 pm Post #3 - November 12th, 2014, 1:50 pm
    Hi everyone,

Steve needs to get under the hood one more time to test out some changes he made in the test environment. Same parameters as last week apply - probably take things offline at around midnight but possibly a bit earlier.

We're hopeful that a few of the annoying issues we've all been encountering will be cleared up shortly.

Thanks again, for your patience and understanding.

=R=
    for the Moderators
  • Post #4 - November 12th, 2014, 1:56 pm
    Post #4 - November 12th, 2014, 1:56 pm Post #4 - November 12th, 2014, 1:56 pm
    Just to add a little additional information, I'm pretty sure that everyone will be logged off the site when I am finished. That means you will need to log in again on your next visit after tonight.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #5 - November 14th, 2014, 9:22 am
    Post #5 - November 14th, 2014, 9:22 am Post #5 - November 14th, 2014, 9:22 am
    Here's an update: I have turned off the ability for users to log in via the home page. Allowing that is the root of all of the problems we have been having lately. Everyone should now be able to log out when they want to, and the mods can again delete users. Please let me know if you encounter any more problems. Hopefully, this will keep things sorted out.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events