LTH Home

adding photos

adding photos
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • adding photos

Post #1 - December 6th, 2016, 2:03 pm
    Post #1 - December 6th, 2016, 2:03 pm Post #1 - December 6th, 2016, 2:03 pm
    What is the easiest way to add photos (from iPhone)? Looked up in reference, but came to crib sheet notes that led to invalid link. Thanks for your help!
    janeyb
  • Post #2 - December 6th, 2016, 3:14 pm
    Post #2 - December 6th, 2016, 3:14 pm Post #2 - December 6th, 2016, 3:14 pm
    Have you tried clicking the 'attach images' link at the bottom of the posting box? That'll usually do the trick, though an incompatibility with Apple sometimes rotates the images incorrectly . . . but more often than not, they seem to orient correctly. I hope that helps. Please let us know if you need more information.

Thanks,

=R=
    for the Mods
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #3 - December 7th, 2016, 11:10 am
    Post #3 - December 7th, 2016, 11:10 am Post #3 - December 7th, 2016, 11:10 am
    Thank you Ronnie! I think it worked, just posted about Hanbun and for the first time, included photos in my post. I thought, reading the previous photo questions, that it was much more complicated. Now, if you could explain how to reference a previous thread. You will see when I refer to a previous Jefe post in an earlier thread, it looks cumbersome. I know there is a way to do this, just not sure how...
    Thanks again.
    janeyb
  • Post #4 - December 7th, 2016, 12:37 pm
    Post #4 - December 7th, 2016, 12:37 pm Post #4 - December 7th, 2016, 12:37 pm
    janeyb wrote:Thank you Ronnie! I think it worked, just posted about Hanbun and for the first time, included photos in my post. I thought, reading the previous photo questions, that it was much more complicated. Now, if you could explain how to reference a previous thread. You will see when I refer to a previous Jefe post in an earlier thread, it looks cumbersome. I know there is a way to do this, just not sure how...
    Thanks again.
    janeyb

There is a "quotation" symbol directly below each post--click that and it will copy the whole post, from which I delete out what I don't want to use. There may be a quicker way to do that but that's what I typically do. And great post on Hanbun--been meaning to get a group together to do the dinner--and thinking I need to get on that before they're booked for the whole year!!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #5 - December 7th, 2016, 6:01 pm
    Post #5 - December 7th, 2016, 6:01 pm Post #5 - December 7th, 2016, 6:01 pm
    janeyb wrote:Now, if you could explain how to reference a previous thread. You will see when I refer to a previous Jefe post in an earlier thread, it looks cumbersome. I know there is a way to do this, just not sure how...

boudreaulicious wrote:There is a "quotation" symbol directly below each post--click that and it will copy the whole post, from which I delete out what I don't want to use.

From your post on Hanbun, it looks like you understand the quotation feature. I think you’re asking how to insert a clickable link to an earlier post (like my link to your Hanbun post in the previous sentence).

Here’s what you wrote:

Code: Select all
    Without Jefe’s May 2016 post, we never would have discovered this place.
    [url]http://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=510153#p510153[/url]

...and it shows up like this:

http://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=510153#p510153

If instead you write:

Code: Select all
    Without [url=http://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=510153#p510153]Jefe’s May 2016 post[/url], we never would have discovered this place.

…it would show up like this:

You just add the “url=” and “/url” (in brackets), flanking the word(s) you want to turn into a clickable link.

One last thing… If you want to reproduce something that someone did in a post, but aren't sure how, just click the "quote button" under that post and you'll see the raw BBCode. You can find more information in the BBCode Guide.

Hope that’s what you wanted to know. If we didn't fully answer your question, don’t hesitate to ask again.

And thanks for your Hanbun post, and for going to the trouble of posting photos.
  • Post #6 - December 13th, 2016, 2:13 pm
    Post #6 - December 13th, 2016, 2:13 pm Post #6 - December 13th, 2016, 2:13 pm
    Thank you Rene G and Boudreaulicious. I will keep these notes handy for future reference. Thanks for explaining things.
    janeyb
  • Post #7 - September 7th, 2017, 1:34 pm
    Post #7 - September 7th, 2017, 1:34 pm Post #7 - September 7th, 2017, 1:34 pm
    I was trying to add a photo from my iPhone and it came out sideways. I sent photo from phone to my desktop and it shows as vertical in both places.
    I read in another thread about "posting pictures" that someone else had this issue. Is there a way to rotate photo so it won't be sideways if I add to post? This photo is nothing exciting (corn), but I have a big trip coming up and I want to be confident that I can post some of the photos I will take.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Janey
  • Post #8 - September 7th, 2017, 1:46 pm
    Post #8 - September 7th, 2017, 1:46 pm Post #8 - September 7th, 2017, 1:46 pm
    janeyb wrote:I was trying to add a photo from my iPhone and it came out sideways. I sent photo from phone to my desktop and it shows as vertical in both places.
    I read in another thread about "posting pictures" that someone else had this issue. Is there a way to rotate photo so it won't be sideways if I add to post? This photo is nothing exciting (corn), but I have a big trip coming up and I want to be confident that I can post some of the photos I will take.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Janey

Unfortunately, we have not been able to solve this seemingly random occurrence. Sometimes pics posted directly from phones display correctly and other times they do not. Neither our software provider nor Apple will take ownership of this problem, so we're pretty at the mercy of the fates.

We definitely want you to post images (from your trip) -- and not be inconvenienced by doing so. So, if you post images that display incorrectly, please just PM me (from the post in question if possible) and I or one of the other Moderators will do what we can to remedy the images asap.

Thanks!

=R=
    for the Moderators
  • Post #9 - September 7th, 2017, 1:56 pm
    Post #9 - September 7th, 2017, 1:56 pm Post #9 - September 7th, 2017, 1:56 pm
    CornIMG_8422.JPG Mirai Corn
    Thanks Ronnie. I have posted photos before, thanks to your help. I took this photo at Casey's for the Mirai Corn thread. I was going to add it to my post because it had cost info.
    I will get help after our river cruise if this happens again. Thanks!
    Janey
  • Post #10 - September 7th, 2017, 2:13 pm
    Post #10 - September 7th, 2017, 2:13 pm Post #10 - September 7th, 2017, 2:13 pm
    janeyb wrote:
    CornIMG_8422.JPG
    Thanks Ronnie. I have posted photos before, thanks to your help. I took this photo at Casey's for the Mirai Corn thread. I was going to add it to my post because it had cost info.
    I will get help after our river cruise if this happens again. Thanks!
    Janey

No problem. I went ahead and placed the shot in your post on the Mirai Corn thread.

Thanks!

=R=
  • Post #11 - September 7th, 2017, 5:38 pm
    Post #11 - September 7th, 2017, 5:38 pm Post #11 - September 7th, 2017, 5:38 pm
    Has anyone figured out a workaround for posting pics from an iphone. I used to be able to do it easily--now, no matter what size I make the pic, it says it can't load it. Definitely a bummer.
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
  • Post #12 - September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm
    Post #12 - September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm Post #12 - September 7th, 2017, 7:11 pm
    I've had similar problems. Uploading first to another site such as Flickr has been the only way I've been able to upload.
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #13 - September 7th, 2017, 7:28 pm
    Post #13 - September 7th, 2017, 7:28 pm Post #13 - September 7th, 2017, 7:28 pm
    JoelF wrote:I've had similar problems. Uploading first to another site such as Flickr has been the only way I've been able to upload.

Yeah...not doing that. Sigh.
  • Post #14 - September 8th, 2017, 7:18 am
    Post #14 - September 8th, 2017, 7:18 am Post #14 - September 8th, 2017, 7:18 am
    boudreaulicious wrote:
    JoelF wrote:I've had similar problems. Uploading first to another site such as Flickr has been the only way I've been able to upload.

What about this?
    What is patriotism, but the love of good things we ate in our childhood?
    -- Lin Yutang
  • Post #15 - September 8th, 2017, 10:28 am
    Post #15 - September 8th, 2017, 10:28 am Post #15 - September 8th, 2017, 10:28 am
    JoelF wrote:
    boudreaulicious wrote:

What about this?

Joel,

That's a great workaround, and one I hope iPhone users will take advantage of. I use a similar program called Photo & Picture Resizer on my Android phone with great success.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #16 - July 29th, 2018, 3:30 pm
    Post #16 - July 29th, 2018, 3:30 pm Post #16 - July 29th, 2018, 3:30 pm
    stevez wrote:
    JoelF wrote:What about this?

Joel,

That's a great workaround, and one I hope iPhone users will take advantage of. I use a similar program called Photo & Picture Resizer on my Android phone with great success.

So the issue is a re-sizing one?

If so do you know what size works?

This just sucks the joy out of trying to post an image. I just default now to including the link to instagram.
    Ava-"If you get down and out, just get in the kitchen and bake a cake."- Jean Strickland

Horto In Urbs- Falling in love with Urban Vegetable Gardening
  • Post #17 - July 29th, 2018, 4:10 pm
    Post #17 - July 29th, 2018, 4:10 pm Post #17 - July 29th, 2018, 4:10 pm
    pairs4life wrote:
    stevez wrote:
    JoelF wrote:What about this?

Joel,

So the issue is a re-sizing one?

If so do you know what size works?

This just sucks the joy out of trying to post an image. I just default now to including the link to instagram.

If you keep the largest dimension of the photo to 800 pixels, you’ll be fine.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #18 - January 28th, 2019, 1:44 pm
    Post #18 - January 28th, 2019, 1:44 pm Post #18 - January 28th, 2019, 1:44 pm
    when I click to post picture inline, it puts it at the top of my entry, not the point where the cursor is, so I have to cut and paste to where I want. Is this working as designed, or am I missing something?
    --Carey aka underdog
  • Post #19 - March 17th, 2020, 12:56 pm
    Post #19 - March 17th, 2020, 12:56 pm Post #19 - March 17th, 2020, 12:56 pm
    What am I doing wrong? Trying to post to corona cuisine and photos are upsidedown?

I tried the stores after work last Friday and found this:

I have a decent supply on hand, but the shelves were more bare than I imagined...
    Notify me when a reply is posted

POSTING OPTIONS | ATTACH IMAGES
    POSTED ATTACHMENTS
    When I try, the photos show upside down...they are from iPhone and saved to desktop.
    Thanks, janeyb

No toilet paper

No canned goods

No beef

No chicken
  • Post #20 - March 17th, 2020, 2:09 pm
    Post #20 - March 17th, 2020, 2:09 pm Post #20 - March 17th, 2020, 2:09 pm
    1 - if you sent the images to your desktop you can use a free online tool to rotate the images like: https://pinetools.com/rotate-image

2 - you can use a FREE image host to host the pics/images which you can paste the link on this message board with [ IMG ]IMG URL[ / IMG ] tags.
    https://imgbb.com/

3 - also note, on most message boards they have an automated height / width restriction when posting images. It will not look nice if your posting huge 1080x1080 jpg images.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more