LTH Home

Flavor & Fortune: Art and Science of Chinese Cuisine

Flavor & Fortune: Art and Science of Chinese Cuisine
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Flavor & Fortune: Art and Science of Chinese Cuisine

Post #1 - December 4th, 2005, 11:42 am
    Post #1 - December 4th, 2005, 11:42 am Post #1 - December 4th, 2005, 11:42 am
    I just received a sample copy of a magazine, "Flavor & Fortune: Dedicated to the Art and Science of Chinese Cuisine." The magazine is full color, appearing four times a year, and is edited by the serious Chinese food scholar Jacqueline Newman. The Winter 2005 issues has articles on "Mott Street in July", "The Story of Mo Shu Rou," and "Han Dynasty Foods." It also has restaurant reviews and some very fine book reviews. The issue also includes 21 recipes (bell fruit and jellyfish salad, star anise beef stew, mussels with hotbed leeks, etc.).

The website is below, and the subscription is $19.50.

Flavor and Fortune
    Institute of the Science and Art of Chinese Cuisine
    P.O. Box 91
    Kings Park, NY 11754

http://www.flavorandfortune.com
  • Post #2 - December 4th, 2005, 11:49 am
    Post #2 - December 4th, 2005, 11:49 am Post #2 - December 4th, 2005, 11:49 am
    HI,

I was looking over the website, for an extra $10.50 one can then join: ISACC, the Institute for the Advancement of the Science and Art of Chinese Cuisine!

This magazine has been carrying on for just over 10 years! So much good stuff to catch up on!

Thanks!

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #3 - August 22nd, 2013, 10:31 pm
    Post #3 - August 22nd, 2013, 10:31 pm Post #3 - August 22nd, 2013, 10:31 pm
    Hi,

I was reminded of this website earlier this evening. There are quite a few articles on their website. If one were doing studies on Chinese food and culture, they have a pretty complete index of articles from their back issues.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more