A few things that I hope will help to get this back on track.
- It has been suggested that there is a lot of offline discussion of this GNR that does not make it to the Board. The implication is that much of this discussion is negative. I am not sure how to respond to that implication, other than to say, if you have an experience and opinion about PGC's merits, pro or con, that you have not shared, please do so. We really do not need or want an undeserving GNR.
- If someone is trying to privately intimidate anyone into not posting their opinion, I would love to know about it. Probably best to PM me. On the other hand, if you just do not feel like posting because someone who seems like a big shot has already posted an opposing opinion, let me say two things - first, I feel your pain
, and second, get over it. Your opinion and taste matter just as much as anyone else.
- Regarding Steve's choice of words when he said the renewal of PGC was a "foregone conclusion," let me be clear that his point was that this is the case if none of the people with negative opinions of PGC chose to post. Reading this thread, that does not seem to have been the case here, but it has been implied a couple of times, so let me be clear: Please post if you have an opinion, pro or con
- I agree that some of the discussion earlier this week, and late last week was dominated by a couple of posters who basically argued their positions back and forth. That does not encourage others to chime in, so I very much hope we will let everyone say their piece, and not keep reiterating our opinions more stridently whenever there is a post that seems to disagree. Once you have stated your opinion, please let others have the space to state theirs.
- Some of this thread, including this post, does not directly bear on the merits of PGC, as Josh remarked above. It should and will be split and some posts moved to Site Chat. This will require a little care so as to not destroy the context of other posts that follow moved posts, so I cannot say exactly when it will happen, but it will be addressed.
for the GNRs