LTH Home

Nhu Lan--Bahn Mi restaurant in Lincoln Square

Nhu Lan--Bahn Mi restaurant in Lincoln Square
  • Forum HomeLocked Topic BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - October 2nd, 2011, 4:59 pm
    Post #31 - October 2nd, 2011, 4:59 pm Post #31 - October 2nd, 2011, 4:59 pm
    When I lived 1 1/2 blocks from Ba Le, I would still ride my bicycle over to Nhu Lan for banh mi. The banh mi may be the star attraction, but the pate chaud, sticky rice, banh cuon, vietnamese coffee, fried spring rolls (in the a.m. when fresh), rice cake with eggs ("vietnamese matzoh brei") and other assorted side dishes are all fantastic.

Nhu Lan is a place I crave regularly. When asked how I like my current neighborhood (by North & Western), I've often lamented that it'd be much better if Nhu Lan were closer by.

-Dan
  • Post #32 - October 2nd, 2011, 5:15 pm
    Post #32 - October 2nd, 2011, 5:15 pm Post #32 - October 2nd, 2011, 5:15 pm
    Been addicted to this place since they opened. The ginger or lemongrass tofu sandwich are among my favorite sandwiches in town. Cannot figure out for the life of me how they do it. Hate to say it but the colonization of Vietnam by the French really was a plus in the food dept. Fantastic bread and pate chaud are direct results and no one in my opinion does it better here in town.
    "In pursuit of joys untasted"
    from Giuseppe Verdi's La Traviata
  • Post #33 - October 4th, 2011, 9:29 am
    Post #33 - October 4th, 2011, 9:29 am Post #33 - October 4th, 2011, 9:29 am
    REB wrote:Nha Lan is my neighborhood sandwich shop. It's the place I go for a quick, inexpensive meal. It's also a delicious option for a road trip as the sandwiches are still delicious after many hours in the cooler. The staff are always friendly and helpful and work hard to get you your food quickly.

I support renewal.

Ronna

What she said.
    --Rich
    I don't know what you think about dinner, but there must be a relation between the breakfast and the happiness. --Cemal Süreyya
  • Post #34 - October 7th, 2011, 12:46 pm
    Post #34 - October 7th, 2011, 12:46 pm Post #34 - October 7th, 2011, 12:46 pm
    I live a few blocks away from Ba Le. I've had more Bahn Mi from Nhu Lan. I find the flavors to "pop" more on Nhu Lan's sandwiches, especially the lemongrass tofu. Yes to renewal!
    -Mary

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more