LTH Home

D'amato's [Italian Bakery]

D'amato's [Italian Bakery]
  • Forum HomeLocked Topic BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - October 5th, 2011, 12:25 pm
    Post #31 - October 5th, 2011, 12:25 pm Post #31 - October 5th, 2011, 12:25 pm
    The cookies may LOOK like Palermo's but they are not. If there is a better Italian baguette style bread please let me know as parking is so bad around Damato's. The long baguette is crispy on the outside and flakey, airy and yet chewy on the inside. It reminds me of Europe. The long baguette seems to sell out fast. I can get Damato's bread at Produce World in Morton Grove and I heard it is at Burhops as well.
    What disease did cured ham actually have?
  • Post #32 - October 5th, 2011, 1:39 pm
    Post #32 - October 5th, 2011, 1:39 pm Post #32 - October 5th, 2011, 1:39 pm
    Elfin wrote:The cookies may LOOK like Palermo's but they are not.

pinky wager?
    ...defended from strong temptations to social ambition by a still stronger taste for tripe and onions." Screwtape in The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis

Fuckerberg on Food
  • Post #33 - October 5th, 2011, 1:43 pm
    Post #33 - October 5th, 2011, 1:43 pm Post #33 - October 5th, 2011, 1:43 pm
    Kennyz wrote:
    Elfin wrote:The cookies may LOOK like Palermo's but they are not.

pinky wager?

OK, I lose. Just spoke to representatives of Palermo and D'Amato's. Up until about a year ago, D'Amato's cookies came from Palermo. Now they make "most of them" in house and get "a few kinds" from a source they choose not to disclose.
    ...defended from strong temptations to social ambition by a still stronger taste for tripe and onions." Screwtape in The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis

Fuckerberg on Food

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more