LTH Home

Guess the Restaurant [Contest]

Guess the Restaurant [Contest]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Guess the Restaurant [Contest]

    Post #1 - January 3rd, 2006, 10:14 am
    Post #1 - January 3rd, 2006, 10:14 am Post #1 - January 3rd, 2006, 10:14 am
    Guess the Restaurant

    Rules:
    Picture unique to Chicago restaurant. No correct answer in two days, additional pictorial clues will be provided.

    All are welcome to both guess and contribute Guess the Restaurant entries. Please keep numbering sequential.

    Grand prize is a plate of crispy rice noodles at 'Little' Three Happiness.

    Let the games begin.

    Enjoy,
    Gary
    Sauce on the side, always, implied, axiomatic..........never a doubt, BBQ sauce without.

    Low & Slow
  • Post #2 - January 5th, 2006, 10:21 pm
    Post #2 - January 5th, 2006, 10:21 pm Post #2 - January 5th, 2006, 10:21 pm
    OMG, what the hell is this? I skip a couple of days and all this is posted? You guys kill me.

    -ramon
  • Post #3 - September 8th, 2006, 11:26 am
    Post #3 - September 8th, 2006, 11:26 am Post #3 - September 8th, 2006, 11:26 am
    After a restaurant is guessed can that thread be locked so we know which ones are solved/unsolved?
  • Post #4 - September 8th, 2006, 11:29 am
    Post #4 - September 8th, 2006, 11:29 am Post #4 - September 8th, 2006, 11:29 am
    Panther in the Den wrote:After a restaurant is guessed can that thread be locked so we know which ones are solved/unsolved?


    Great idea. Since only moderators can lock threads, moderators with free time on their hands will hopefully start doing this soon. (Unless there is some serious objection).

    Best,
    Michael
  • Post #5 - September 8th, 2006, 1:03 pm
    Post #5 - September 8th, 2006, 1:03 pm Post #5 - September 8th, 2006, 1:03 pm
    Yes, great idea. I wonder though, how how 'bout putting "Solved" in the subject line (instead) so that possible discussion can continue?
  • Post #6 - September 8th, 2006, 3:53 pm
    Post #6 - September 8th, 2006, 3:53 pm Post #6 - September 8th, 2006, 3:53 pm
    Vital Information wrote:Yes, great idea. I wonder though, how how 'bout putting "Solved" in the subject line (instead) so that possible discussion can continue?


    If it's solved, what possible further discussion can there be? A disgruntled LTHer saying, "No it's not!" ala Monty Python?
    Steve Z.

    “Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #7 - September 8th, 2006, 3:54 pm
    Post #7 - September 8th, 2006, 3:54 pm Post #7 - September 8th, 2006, 3:54 pm
    stevez wrote:
    Vital Information wrote:Yes, great idea. I wonder though, how how 'bout putting "Solved" in the subject line (instead) so that possible discussion can continue?


    If it's solved, what possible further discussion can there be? A disgruntled LTHer saying, "No it's not!" ala Monty Python?


    Yeah. Are there any examples of further discussion on this board?
  • Post #8 - September 8th, 2006, 4:06 pm
    Post #8 - September 8th, 2006, 4:06 pm Post #8 - September 8th, 2006, 4:06 pm
    eatchicago wrote:
    stevez wrote:
    Vital Information wrote:Yes, great idea. I wonder though, how how 'bout putting "Solved" in the subject line (instead) so that possible discussion can continue?


    If it's solved, what possible further discussion can there be? A disgruntled LTHer saying, "No it's not!" ala Monty Python?


    Yeah. Are there any examples of further discussion on this board?


    Well, this is what made me think of it, but why would there not be possible discussion--not on the guess/accuracy of the guess, but maybe on the picture or the unique feature that drove the quest.

    Or not. :?
  • Post #9 - September 8th, 2006, 4:17 pm
    Post #9 - September 8th, 2006, 4:17 pm Post #9 - September 8th, 2006, 4:17 pm
    eatchicago wrote:
    stevez wrote:
    Vital Information wrote:Yes, great idea. I wonder though, how how 'bout putting "Solved" in the subject line (instead) so that possible discussion can continue?


    If it's solved, what possible further discussion can there be? A disgruntled LTHer saying, "No it's not!" ala Monty Python?


    Yeah. Are there any examples of further discussion on this board?


    um... the urinals at Skylark? (Antonius's entry early on, I don't feel like looking up the number right now.)

    Okay, so maybe you DO want to cut off discussion... :)

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more