LTH Home

Three Floyds, Dark Lord Day

Three Floyds, Dark Lord Day
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - November 4th, 2011, 11:47 am
    - November 4th, 2011, 11:47 am Post #301 - November 4th, 2011, 11:47 am
    Llama wrote:Is that really standard practice? You get someone else to pay for the ticket, wait in line, and then only get one of the beers?
    I'd assume that the ticket seller would have the option to buy one bottle back. That seems more reasonable.

You can, of course, sell with any conditions you like - I'm just wondering if that is indeed standard practice.

That's what I've been told. I don't frequent Beer Advocate forums or anything, but I have friends that do and they told me this is pretty standard. I know one of them sold their DLD tickets for the same deal this year.

mhill95149 wrote:Not a deal I'd make but YMMV

I agree with your sentiment. Although, I haven't found the lines/process/etc. as dreadful as others have, I probably wouldn't go for just 1 bottle. But people go for different reasons. Some for the music or the trading. Maybe some people can't afford to buy all 4 bottles per ticket. I certainly have seen people not buying their full allotment of Dark Lord.

I've actually already made a deal for 1 of the tickets where I'll get a couple bottles, so I'd do the other ticket for face and then I'll buy a bottle or 2.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more