LTH Home

Hopewell Brewing Tap Room

Hopewell Brewing Tap Room
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Hopewell Brewing Tap Room

Post #1 - March 3rd, 2016, 11:11 am
    Post #1 - March 3rd, 2016, 11:11 am Post #1 - March 3rd, 2016, 11:11 am
    Went to Hopewell Brewing Tap Room in Logan Square last night. Came away impressed.

Their First Lager is really tasty, its got a crisp taste and lots of malt tones. It is one of the better lagers I've had in a while. Good to see a new craft brewer concentrate on lagers; also making Endgrain Lager with less hops and more malt and a big frothy head on top of it. Both of these lagers are tasty. Also tried the Farm and Family Saison which was pretty interesting. Low alcohol, some funk, fruity taste but still dry.

Less impressive were the IPAs , Swift IPA and Red IPA with roasted malt. Neither were bad, but for me the lagers and the saison were the tastiest.

They don't offer flights. Pours are pint ($6) and half pint ($4).

The design of the tap room is pretty spartan, kind of resembles an Apple store. Very open and airy. Blond wood, lots of communal tables. Big windows into the brewing works tank area. As with most other tap rooms no other beers available except Hopewell. No kitchen.

Hopewell Brewing 2760 N Milwaukee
    http://www.hopewellbrewing.com/
  • Post #2 - March 3rd, 2016, 11:21 am
    Post #2 - March 3rd, 2016, 11:21 am Post #2 - March 3rd, 2016, 11:21 am
    Not a big beer drinker, but I agree with all of champs' assessments. It'll be interesting to see how it competes with or complements the drink and draw place next door.

One of the bouncers said they welcome outside food and food deliveries to the taproom.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more