LTH Home

Beer Making Classes Chicago

Beer Making Classes Chicago
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Beer Making Classes Chicago

Post #1 - May 24th, 2016, 6:38 pm
    Post #1 - May 24th, 2016, 6:38 pm Post #1 - May 24th, 2016, 6:38 pm
    Hi all!
    My husband mentioned an interest in a beer making class. I think he'd like the type like basic cooking classes: they teach you a hands-on cooking method, and give you tips and recipes to take home. There's Brew & Grow near us, but it sounds like they tell you how to do it at home but you don't get to actually make it there first.
    Does anyone have experience with brewing classes? His birthday's coming up and I think that would be a fun gift. If you went to a Brew & Grow class, I'd like to hear about that too.

Mods: If this should go in OTHER instead, feel free to move.

Thanks!
    I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. ~ Jason Love
    There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach
    In the world of apples, Pink Lady runs the whorehouse. ~ James Napoli

Late-Nite Eats Database
  • Post #2 - May 24th, 2016, 7:52 pm
    Post #2 - May 24th, 2016, 7:52 pm Post #2 - May 24th, 2016, 7:52 pm
    Ted Perez and I taught a beermaking class at the Evanston Ecology Center earlier this year, actually making an extract-based beer (all-grain would take too long) during the course of the class. There's been talk about repeating it this summer or fall, but I don't know that anything's been decided yet. If you're interested, you could call Matt at the Ecology Center @ (847) 448-8256 and ask.

Or, hell, just come over here and I'll show you how I brew beer. I have batch I need to make anyway. Since it'll be all-grain, figure on spending a good part of the day on the process.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more