LTH Home

Red & White Wines, the shop

Red & White Wines, the shop
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Red & White Wines, the shop

Post #1 - February 17th, 2017, 12:06 am
    Post #1 - February 17th, 2017, 12:06 am Post #1 - February 17th, 2017, 12:06 am
    The new thread about Red & White's upcoming wine bar made me realize that we had no thread for their fine shop, so I thought I should start one.

I've been digging this expertly-curated shop and first learned about it while dining at Boeufhaus, where the owner of Red & White, Nathan Adams, runs the distinctive, interesting, reasonably-priced wine list. In any case, this R&W is a reliable go-to for interesting wines, wines that are terrific and a bit off the beaten path. I feel like there's nothing in the place that isn't worth trying. Service is knowledgeable and friendly. Prices are mellow. It's the kind of place that makes shopping for wine a fun, anxiety-free experience.

=R=

1861 N Milwaukee Ave
    Chicago, IL 60647
    (773) 486-4769
    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain

Another beer before happy hour to put me in the mood for drinkin', uh huh huh, oh, forget thinkin' --Beaver Nelson

I find it a matter of note that in New York or Terre Haute, school cookies always seem to be oatmeal --Mr. French
  • Post #2 - February 17th, 2017, 9:44 am
    Post #2 - February 17th, 2017, 9:44 am Post #2 - February 17th, 2017, 9:44 am
    Agree on all fronts.

I was very disappointed when the original Provenance closed down blocks from me in Logan Square, but that was mostly convenience factor. I always considered Red & White to be the superior store in terms of variety. And the staff is very knowledgeable, listens well, and in the many suggestions they've offered to me over the years, I can't recall one I felt was off the mark.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more