LTH Home

If You Are Looking For A Movie To Watch

If You Are Looking For A Movie To Watch
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • If You Are Looking For A Movie To Watch

Post #1 - October 18th, 2014, 9:38 pm
    Post #1 - October 18th, 2014, 9:38 pm Post #1 - October 18th, 2014, 9:38 pm
    Since there seems to be a great interest in farming, amongst many members here, hulu is offering this movie for free until the end of October: Farmland

It's the story/documentary about a group of young farmers in their 20's, starting out in farming. I watched about half of it last night and really liked it. I'm hoping to see the rest of it soon. Everything I saw was real, no hype or sugar coating.

I saw a lot of negative reviews from anti agriculture groups, who said it was propaganda, I guess that's what you call it when it doesn't fit into your views of the situation.

Anyhow, watch it if you want, I'm not making any money on it. I just thought it was nice to see agriculture painted in an honest light for a change.

Tim
  • Post #2 - October 20th, 2014, 5:36 pm
    Post #2 - October 20th, 2014, 5:36 pm Post #2 - October 20th, 2014, 5:36 pm
    Thanks for sharing this video. You and all the other farmers in our country are working so hard. A constant struggle against nature and the not so good info our media spews out to the public. I worked on my Grandparents farm every summer through grade school and high school in Southeast Nebraska. We worked hard, ate good, slept real good and woke up at 4am to milk the cows by hand every morning, repeating the same milking at the end of the day. Separated the milk and slopped the pigs with the extra milk. We had no running water in the house, and an outside toilet. Pumped water from the well by hand and brought buckets of water to the house to drink and wash up after working all day. When I returned back to Chicago at the end of the summer all the kids surrounded me wanting to hear my stories about working on a farm. Such grand memories, I didn't even consider this hard work, I was just helping my Grandparents.
  • Post #3 - October 27th, 2014, 6:45 am
    Post #3 - October 27th, 2014, 6:45 am Post #3 - October 27th, 2014, 6:45 am
    Hi- I saw the movie, and what is interesting about it is that the gentleman who did the documentary, is well known for his documentaries on the Holocaust, including one that won an Oscar back in 1999 I believe. The Farmer's and Rancher's Alliance, funded this documentary and asked him to film it, to put a positive spin on agriculture. He interviews a group of young farmer's, all under the age of 40. The majority of the farmer's that I know do not have any children that want to take over the farm. BTW- The film is only free on Hula plus till the end of October, and so you only have a few more days to watch it.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more