LTH Home

Problems getting to my PM inbox

Problems getting to my PM inbox
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Problems getting to my PM inbox

Post #1 - February 28th, 2016, 10:44 am
    Post #1 - February 28th, 2016, 10:44 am Post #1 - February 28th, 2016, 10:44 am
    If I hover over my screen name in the upper right, the 'inbox' appears. As soon as I leave my screen name with the mouse the inbox disappears. If I click on my screen name, that doesn't work. The only way I have found to get to the inbox is to click on my screen name and drag it down to where the inbox is an let go. Then the inbox remains and I can click on it.

Firefox with Windows 10.
  • Post #2 - February 28th, 2016, 5:10 pm
    Post #2 - February 28th, 2016, 5:10 pm Post #2 - February 28th, 2016, 5:10 pm
    lougord99 wrote:If I hover over my screen name in the upper right, the 'inbox' appears. As soon as I leave my screen name with the mouse the inbox disappears. If I click on my screen name, that doesn't work. The only way I have found to get to the inbox is to click on my screen name and drag it down to where the inbox is an let go. Then the inbox remains and I can click on it.

Firefox with Windows 10.

Do you see a little person icon in the upper left corner? If so, click it and there should be a button for you inbox.
  • Post #3 - February 28th, 2016, 6:29 pm
    Post #3 - February 28th, 2016, 6:29 pm Post #3 - February 28th, 2016, 6:29 pm
    Getting to anything in the dropdown line under the user name is very touchy on my computer running Firefox on Windows 7. Clicking on the little person icon gives you a path to the inbox but does not help getting to logout, for instance. Dragging down my user name to logout does seem to work. I want to log out because my wife shares this computer and lurks on LTH so unread post identification is messed up if she goes into LTH without my having logged off.
  • Post #4 - February 29th, 2016, 8:11 am
    Post #4 - February 29th, 2016, 8:11 am Post #4 - February 29th, 2016, 8:11 am
    Darren72 wrote:
    lougord99 wrote:If I hover over my screen name in the upper right, the 'inbox' appears. As soon as I leave my screen name with the mouse the inbox disappears. If I click on my screen name, that doesn't work. The only way I have found to get to the inbox is to click on my screen name and drag it down to where the inbox is an let go. Then the inbox remains and I can click on it.

Firefox with Windows 10.

Do you see a little person icon in the upper left corner? If so, click it and there should be a button for you inbox.

The person icon is the equivalent of my user name icon. If I click, the 'inbox ' comes up but disappears as soon as my mouse leaves that icon.
  • Post #5 - February 29th, 2016, 8:51 am
    Post #5 - February 29th, 2016, 8:51 am Post #5 - February 29th, 2016, 8:51 am
    You may have already found this route: click your username on the upper right corner of the screen. This will bring up a box on the left side of the screen that has a bunch of options. One of those buttons says "Private messages". Click that.
  • Post #6 - March 17th, 2017, 8:27 pm
    Post #6 - March 17th, 2017, 8:27 pm Post #6 - March 17th, 2017, 8:27 pm
    But what about other items in that drop down menu? Glad to know a way of getting to the private messages, but what about "your posts"? I click on the little person icon a dozen times, and sometimes it gets to where I can access the drop down line, but most of the time, it doesn't. Not the worst thing in the world, but if there is some trick I'm missing, I'd sure love to know what it is.
    "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Ronald Reagan

http://midwestmaize.wordpress.com
  • Post #7 - February 25th, 2018, 11:13 am
    Post #7 - February 25th, 2018, 11:13 am Post #7 - February 25th, 2018, 11:13 am
    Cynthia wrote:But what about other items in that drop down menu? Glad to know a way of getting to the private messages, but what about "your posts"? I click on the little person icon a dozen times, and sometimes it gets to where I can access the drop down line, but most of the time, it doesn't. Not the worst thing in the world, but if there is some trick I'm missing, I'd sure love to know what it is.

Moving the cursor over the person icon makes the drop down line appear, but there's a narrow path for bringing the cursor straight down then left to click on the link in the drop down line, which often results in the drop down line disappearing if the cursor goes outside the relatively small area.

For "your posts", a workaround would be to bookmark/favorite the address at the link,

http://www.lthforum.com/bb/search.php?search_id=egosearch

The same applies to the other items in the menu like

Logout
    http://www.lthforum.com/bb/ucp.php?mode=logout

Inbox
    http://www.lthforum.com/bb/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat