LTH Home

Readability Issues - please post them here

Readability Issues - please post them here
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 4 of 4 
  • Post #91 - March 24th, 2016, 11:46 am
    Post #91 - March 24th, 2016, 11:46 am Post #91 - March 24th, 2016, 11:46 am
    I'm also having a hard time reading the tiny words (like the "LTH HOME > CHAT > etc. above), both on phone and laptop. The grey is too light, the lettering is too small. Again, waaay too much white space, and the lettering on buttons, headlines are waaay too big. And the logo still makes me grit my teeth every time I see it.

I want to like the redesign, I really do, but I find myself struggling to read anything and wishing I had a "revert to classic display" command. :(
    “Assuredly it is a great accomplishment to be a novelist, but it is no mediocre glory to be a cook.” -- Alexandre Dumas

"I give you Chicago. It is no London and Harvard. It is not Paris and buttermilk. It is American in every chitling and sparerib. It is alive from tail to snout." -- H.L. Mencken
  • Post #92 - March 24th, 2016, 10:04 pm
    Post #92 - March 24th, 2016, 10:04 pm Post #92 - March 24th, 2016, 10:04 pm
    boudreaulicious wrote:I think it would be great if we could just get an update on whether these and the various other issues are still being worked on or if it's something that can't be adjusted.

thank you!

yes, it would be nice to know if anything is going to change visually or if we are just going to have to deal with it.
  • Post #93 - March 24th, 2016, 10:20 pm
    Post #93 - March 24th, 2016, 10:20 pm Post #93 - March 24th, 2016, 10:20 pm
    I also just noticed that clicking on the title of a thread, which (iirc) used to take you to the first unread post in the thread, now takes you to the first post in the thread, read or not. It would be great to not have to search to find where I left off... or am I hallucinating?

EDIT: Now I see that it seems to be sometimes to the first unread, and sometimes to the first in the thread. Do you have to be subscribed? What's the magic formula?
    “Assuredly it is a great accomplishment to be a novelist, but it is no mediocre glory to be a cook.” -- Alexandre Dumas

"I give you Chicago. It is no London and Harvard. It is not Paris and buttermilk. It is American in every chitling and sparerib. It is alive from tail to snout." -- H.L. Mencken
  • Post #94 - March 24th, 2016, 10:24 pm
    Post #94 - March 24th, 2016, 10:24 pm Post #94 - March 24th, 2016, 10:24 pm
    tem wrote:
    boudreaulicious wrote:I think it would be great if we could just get an update on whether these and the various other issues are still being worked on or if it's something that can't be adjusted.

thank you!

yes, it would be nice to know if anything is going to change visually or if we are just going to have to deal with it.

Yes. All issues are still being worked on.
  • Post #95 - March 25th, 2016, 2:04 am
    Post #95 - March 25th, 2016, 2:04 am Post #95 - March 25th, 2016, 2:04 am
    I want to apologize for the delays in implementing changes and tweaks to the redesign of the site. Matt and I have both been incredibly busy over the past several weeks and unfortunately, we haven't gotten to this as quickly as we would have liked.

We cannot make any promises on the time frame but we are definitely not done honing the site. Your comments and suggestions on the discussion threads are very much appreciated. While we know that everyone has been quite patient, we hope that you all can continue to be.

Thanks,

=R=
    for the Owners
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #96 - March 25th, 2016, 4:11 pm
    Post #96 - March 25th, 2016, 4:11 pm Post #96 - March 25th, 2016, 4:11 pm
    milz50 wrote:
    tem wrote:

thank you!

Yes. All issues are still being worked on.

We don't doubt you're working on it, but I think what people want to know, if you're willing to divulge, is which issues/changes you're working on.
  • Post #97 - March 27th, 2016, 7:58 am
    Post #97 - March 27th, 2016, 7:58 am Post #97 - March 27th, 2016, 7:58 am
    Drover wrote:We don't doubt you're working on it, but I think what people want to know, if you're willing to divulge, is which issues/changes you're working on.

Yes, I agree a list would be helpful. I'll note that italicizing is still not working, although bolding and underlining are.

We all realize that site maintenance is largely (or entirely) a volunteer activity, but there are probably some members (me not included) who have no way of knowing whether their issues are on the to-do list.
    Pithy quote here.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more