LTH Home

Liquor Retail/Distributor License Attorney Referral?

Liquor Retail/Distributor License Attorney Referral?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Liquor Retail/Distributor License Attorney Referral?

Post #1 - March 26th, 2007, 11:07 am
    Post #1 - March 26th, 2007, 11:07 am Post #1 - March 26th, 2007, 11:07 am
    Have a friend who is working on a business concept for the chicago area and I'm playing aid to him as I have a lot of experience in government licensing issues. Does anyone have a reference to an attorney with experience in obtaining and understanding the regulatory requirements of the Chicago and Illinois liquor retail and dstribution laws?

Thanks in advance,

Jonny
    is making all his reservations under the name Steve Plotnicki from now on.
  • Post #2 - June 25th, 2007, 9:00 pm
    Post #2 - June 25th, 2007, 9:00 pm Post #2 - June 25th, 2007, 9:00 pm
    This is Chicago - it's who you know, right? I know a West Loop restaurant owner/franchisee who had no luck getting a liquor license UNTIL he pulled in/hired a lawyer pal who works for the Ala Carte empire.

You guessed it - the lawyer does so much business with the city, knows his way around$$$ - and the liquor license was granted very quickly after this lawyer was hired.

Moral to this story: Hire someone who really knows the ropes & the liquor commissioner - it will be worth it.

cheers,

marty
  • Post #3 - July 2nd, 2007, 5:41 pm
    Post #3 - July 2nd, 2007, 5:41 pm Post #3 - July 2nd, 2007, 5:41 pm
    If you look at the jukebox companies they may be of help. I have heard more than once when you find one that will agree to refer you to an attorney your pretty much getting a license. This is for bars, restaurants and this is with the understanding that you are going to use their machines.

I'm sure they are getting a referrers fee too but hey this is or how it used to be done.

As far as liquor distribution in the Great State of Illinois you may want to learn a bit about this man http://www.answers.com/topic/bill-wirtz . He's got a pretty good grip on the entire state. This is the man who kept Seagram's from distributing there own brands here.

Yeah read down to "Wirtz Law" towards end of page.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more