LTH Home

Burrito Bracket

Burrito Bracket
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Burrito Bracket

Post #1 - September 11th, 2007, 8:26 am
    Post #1 - September 11th, 2007, 8:26 am Post #1 - September 11th, 2007, 8:26 am
    Burrito Bracket

A rather amusing approach to the one-person survey of places that serve the same thing; in this case, burritos.

http://burritobracket.blogspot.com/
    "Don't you ever underestimate the power of a female." Bootsy Collins
  • Post #2 - September 11th, 2007, 8:30 am
    Post #2 - September 11th, 2007, 8:30 am Post #2 - September 11th, 2007, 8:30 am
    Maybe we should have adopted a similar approach for the Beefthons. :roll:
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #3 - September 11th, 2007, 11:06 am
    Post #3 - September 11th, 2007, 11:06 am Post #3 - September 11th, 2007, 11:06 am
    For what it's worth, the Burrito Bracket is authored by Nate Silver, who is a great baseball writer and (I believe) co-founder of the excellent baseball analysis site Baseball Prospectus.

The site itself actually is more like a taqueria bracket, as Nate is comparing like to like at different joints, some of which don't have burritos. So there are some al pastor taco face-offs and other types of face offs amidst the burrito challenges.
  • Post #4 - September 11th, 2007, 9:59 pm
    Post #4 - September 11th, 2007, 9:59 pm Post #4 - September 11th, 2007, 9:59 pm
    I don't think that Nate was a co-founder of BP, but he's the author of their PECOTA player projection system and an excellent statistician. I love his approach to this "problem." But I'm a little concerned that he has Chipotle at a #7 seed. :shock:
    "Fried chicken should unify us, as opposed to tearing us apart. " - Bomani Jones
  • Post #5 - September 12th, 2007, 8:22 am
    Post #5 - September 12th, 2007, 8:22 am Post #5 - September 12th, 2007, 8:22 am
    threadkiller wrote:I don't think that Nate was a co-founder of BP, but he's the author of their PECOTA player projection system and an excellent statistician. I love his approach to this "problem." But I'm a little concerned that he has Chipotle at a #7 seed. :shock:

I agree with the Chipotle thing. Also, good point on the Nate Silver background. I don't know why, but I get the backstory of Silver and Clay Davenport (who I believe was in the initial group of BP contributors brought in by Gary Huckaby) confused. At least Nate didn't name his statistical breakthrough after himself. :wink:

Okay, enough baseball geek talk.
  • Post #6 - November 7th, 2007, 11:34 am
    Post #6 - November 7th, 2007, 11:34 am Post #6 - November 7th, 2007, 11:34 am
    threadkiller wrote:I don't think that Nate was a co-founder of BP, but he's the author of their PECOTA player projection system and an excellent statistician. I love his approach to this "problem." But I'm a little concerned that he has Chipotle at a #7 seed. :shock:

Although this is a late response, I just recently found this site (which is awesome, btw.) I believe he did the rankings by their yelp score, although he did change at least one matchup for the sake of making things interesting.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more