GNR

Posted February 22nd 2012, 9:04pm
Lerdawg wrote:Anybody know what time they stop serving breakfast items at the Terminal 3 Location?

They stop serving breakfast at 10 in terminal 1, which I assume would be the same as terminal 3.

Posted February 23rd 2012, 9:37am
Pucca wrote:
Lerdawg wrote:Anybody know what time they stop serving breakfast items at the Terminal 3 Location?

They stop serving breakfast at 10 in terminal 1, which I assume would be the same as terminal 3.

I think it might be a bit amorphous...I ended up eating breakfast and lunch at the Terminal 3 location on Tuesday (through no fault of my own). I was able to order a lunch sandwich for breakfast and was told that some of the breakfast sandwiches were still available for lunch (at noon). It seems to be more based on what ingredients they have available at any given time, which may be occasionally in flux.
Posted February 29th 2012, 1:26pm
For those that don't want to trek out to O'Hare, you have a new option....

LINK

From Chicagoist
If Rick Bayless opens a restaurant but doesn't send out a press release, can it still serve sandwiches? Apparently, the answer is yes—reminding us once again that, if you make tasty tortas, they will come. Tortas Frontera, the sandwich shop that is the highlight of every trip to O'Hare airport, has come downtown.
Normally, we're pretty informed about openings and closings, but we hadn't walked by the Chase Building lately. Yesterday, Rick Bayless tweeted: "Loop-ers: Tortas Frontera (like airport) is now open in Urban Market of Chase Tower! Serving breakfast & lunch" and the internet exploded. Well, the part of the internet that likes tasty sandwiches.

SSDD

He was constantly reminded of how startlingly different a place the world was when viewed from a point only three feet to the left.

Deepdish Pizza = Casserole
Posted February 29th 2012, 3:30pm
Had the conchinita pibil torta for lunch today from the Chase building. Torta was delicious, as was the habenero salsa that comes with it. Still working out a few kinks I suspect, as I was told it generally takes about 10 minutes for all tortas since they are made to order (which is fine). Ended up taking just over 15 minutes from the time I ordered until I received my food. If they are going to thrive in the loop and this foodcourt, think they will need to cut this time down a bit in the future, but hopefully just some first week issues that will be resolved. Very excited to have this in my general vicinity and will be back often.
Posted February 29th 2012, 4:10pm
I flew out of the United terminal at O'Hare for the first time in practically forever one evening a week or so ago, and I SO wanted to eat at Tortas Frontera - but so did everyone else. There was a line of at least 20 people waiting to place an order. I knew I'd have to go to my gate before I'd ever get through that line. Oh well, some other time.

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."
Posted April 5th 2014, 10:14am
Delicious airport food for less than $10.00 a sandwich:

Torta Milanesa just oozing melting queso blanco and green toasted salsa. Nicely toasted pao was warm and good.

Even comes in a nice big box that can hold some corn chips and fit in bags:
Posted April 5th 2014, 12:02pm
The staff at the bar at O'Hare are terrific too. Thoughtfully bringing a side of the salsa verde with the salad because she thought it was good with it. As knowledgeable about and interested in ingredients and other details as any traditional restaurant server. Great Bloody Mary mix too :)

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad." Miles Kington
Posted April 5th 2014, 1:43pm
A third O'Hare location of Tortas Frontera just opened in Terminal 5, the international terminal. So did a lot of other new restaurants, as noted in this Tribune article.

No one has yet mentioned my favorite dish there, the corn and poblano chowder. It's excellent.

Don't say "sammich" if you're more than six years old.

"we must all understand that we're not all going to agree on everything, so let's just accept it -- hell, let's cherish it -- and move on." - ronnie_suburban
Posted April 5th 2014, 9:43pm
I take the salad with crispy chicken and guac with chips on long flights and happily nibble away ... the flight attendants always stop to say they are jealous. Spring and Fall I fly at least every other week, often every week and it's one of the things that makes this much travel ok ... and the bar staff are indeed excellent!
Home Cookin'

Online Information