LTH Home

Fish Time (Park Ridge)

Fish Time (Park Ridge)
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Fish Time (Park Ridge)

Post #1 - May 22nd, 2015, 12:36 pm
    Post #1 - May 22nd, 2015, 12:36 pm Post #1 - May 22nd, 2015, 12:36 pm

In house smoked fish over cherry wood. They also have large barrels of herring and pickles.

Thanks for the great lead, Vital Information.

Fish Time
    703 W. Devon Ave.
    Park ridge, IL
  • Post #2 - May 22nd, 2015, 5:14 pm
    Post #2 - May 22nd, 2015, 5:14 pm Post #2 - May 22nd, 2015, 5:14 pm
    Thanks for the alluring photo! As my husband works in Park Ridge, I'd love to know more about how this can benefit me! There is limited info available in the Google, so LTH to the rescue. Is this a new seafood market? Raw and smoked and pickled? Anything else? Count me intrigued!
  • Post #3 - May 23rd, 2015, 10:38 am
    Post #3 - May 23rd, 2015, 10:38 am Post #3 - May 23rd, 2015, 10:38 am
    Smassey wrote:Thanks for the alluring photo! As my husband works in Park Ridge, I'd love to know more about how this can benefit me! There is limited info available in the Google, so LTH to the rescue. Is this a new seafood market? Raw and smoked and pickled? Anything else? Count me intrigued!

The woman behind the counter said the place has only been open for around 4-6 weeks.
    They presently carry an assortment of breads from two bakeries - Ideal Pastry (4765 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Chicago) and ???.
    They also have a nice assortment of marinated & pickled herring in their fridge. All of the fish I saw was smoked and the prices seemed quite reasonable. They offer lunch specials as well.

Looking forward to coming back.

(trixie-pea)
  • Post #4 - May 24th, 2015, 8:26 am
    Post #4 - May 24th, 2015, 8:26 am Post #4 - May 24th, 2015, 8:26 am
    PIGMON wrote:
    Smassey wrote:Thanks for the alluring photo! As my husband works in Park Ridge, I'd love to know more about how this can benefit me! There is limited info available in the Google, so LTH to the rescue. Is this a new seafood market? Raw and smoked and pickled? Anything else? Count me intrigued!

The woman behind the counter said the place has only been open for around 4-6 weeks.
    They presently carry an assortment of breads from two bakeries - Ideal Pastry (4765 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Chicago) and ???.
    They also have a nice assortment of marinated & pickled herring in their fridge. All of the fish I saw was smoked and the prices seemed quite reasonable. They offer lunch specials as well.

Looking forward to coming back.

(trixie-pea)

Thank you for your response.
  • Post #5 - May 24th, 2015, 5:04 pm
    Post #5 - May 24th, 2015, 5:04 pm Post #5 - May 24th, 2015, 5:04 pm
    Mackerel looks beautiful, wonderful. Want.
    “Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?”
  • Post #6 - April 25th, 2016, 4:18 pm
    Post #6 - April 25th, 2016, 4:18 pm Post #6 - April 25th, 2016, 4:18 pm
    What a great find this place is! There are racks of fish drying right in the store and the selection is amazing. Plenty of samples and the smoked salmon is great.
  • Post #7 - May 10th, 2016, 7:38 am
    Post #7 - May 10th, 2016, 7:38 am Post #7 - May 10th, 2016, 7:38 am
    Easily as good as (maybe better than?) my home-smoked salmon (and given the very reasonable price I think I'm retiring from smoking salmon). Stopped in over the weekend and everything looks beautiful and the various fish I bought all tasted great. Hope they do well but the place deserves to be in a better-traveled location.
  • Post #8 - May 12th, 2016, 5:09 pm
    Post #8 - May 12th, 2016, 5:09 pm Post #8 - May 12th, 2016, 5:09 pm
    Finally made it over and I'm hooked.

Was immediately hit with the smell of smoke with freshly smoked racks of salmon and rainbow trout out on the floor, so i got some of each.

Snuck a few bites of salmon on the way home because I have no will power and it was fantastic, super moist, fatty, with a delicate but assertive smoke flavor. The Civic is going to smell like smoked fish all week.

Smoked trout was turned into dip along with shallots, horseradish, dill, etc.

Definitely going into the regular rotation.
  • Post #9 - May 28th, 2016, 6:01 am
    Post #9 - May 28th, 2016, 6:01 am Post #9 - May 28th, 2016, 6:01 am
    My wife picked up a pound of chubs here yesterday. Not quite at the level of the Fish Crack at Calumet, but less expensive and still pretty darned good. I especially like the flavor the cherrywood imparts. Location is a big plus. My wife talked to the owners in Polish and came away impressed with the effort they put into sourcing good-quality fish. It seems that chubs are easier to come by compared with a few years ago.
  • Post #10 - February 10th, 2018, 4:47 pm
    Post #10 - February 10th, 2018, 4:47 pm Post #10 - February 10th, 2018, 4:47 pm
    I've been remiss in posting about Fish Time in Park Ridge, a terrific place that's chugging right along. Numerous types and flavors of quality smoked fish, a few prepared items and reasonable pricing. Plus, Fish Time seems to have added additional Polish sausage selections since my last visit.

FishTimeLTH1.jpg Hot Smoked Salmon

FishTimeLTH11.jpg Smoked Mackerel

FishTimeLTH8.jpg Smoked Mackerel glamor shot.

FishTimeLTH9.jpg Smoked Mackerel, New York Bagel & Bialy bialy, cream cheese, assorted veg = lunch

FishTimeLTH4.jpg Part of fish case facing North.

FishTimeLTH3.jpg About 40% of the smoked Polish sausage selection.

Fish Time, Count me a Fan!
    One minute to Wapner.
    Raymond Babbitt

Low & Slow
  • Post #11 - February 11th, 2018, 9:34 am
    Post #11 - February 11th, 2018, 9:34 am Post #11 - February 11th, 2018, 9:34 am
    Hi,

I have been buying Fish Time's smoked trout collars at Shop and Save. I was buying the tail, too, until my Dad declared the collar his favorite.

I have not been to their home location, though I should made amends.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more