LTH Home

Illinois Tourist Attractions No One Knows About

Illinois Tourist Attractions No One Knows About
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 6
  • Post #61 - December 28th, 2005, 2:12 pm
    Post #61 - December 28th, 2005, 2:12 pm Post #61 - December 28th, 2005, 2:12 pm
    Mike G wrote:When I worked in the River North dot communes, there was a little park near Erie Street Cafe, overlooking the river but set below the street level a little and thus easily missable from it, where we would go to work on nice days that we called Secret Park because it was not even discovered, so far as we could tell, by derelicts. I think it was there because from the river it looked like a perfect place to put a little park overlooking the river; only from the vantage point of walking and using the city did you realize that in terms of likely usage it made about as much sense as a bandshell in the middle of a desert.

Actually, long before the city manufactured what you called Secret Park, back in the late 1980's we bike messengers would rendezvous Fridays after work at that setting to drink beer and smoke pot. So, we derelicts knew it well!
    "We've got both kinds of music -- Country AND Western."
  • Post #62 - April 20th, 2006, 10:41 pm
    Post #62 - April 20th, 2006, 10:41 pm Post #62 - April 20th, 2006, 10:41 pm

Seems like a good time to reactivate this thread...

I expect Hyde Parkers will actually know this spot well, but most of the rest of the city won't, even though they've been within a few hundred yards of it multiple times. It's the Japanese tea house and garden just south of the Museum of Science and Industry, in Jackson Park.

The site also reveals that there's a much more elaborate one (with a much more elaborate website) in Rockford.

Who knew?
    Watch Sky Full of Bacon, the Chicago food HD podcast!
    New episode: Soil, Corn, Cows and Cheese
    Watch the Reader's James Beard Award-winning Key Ingredient here.
  • Post #63 - April 20th, 2006, 11:00 pm
    Post #63 - April 20th, 2006, 11:00 pm Post #63 - April 20th, 2006, 11:00 pm
    HI,

I have been to Anderson Gardens a number of times. The first few times when it was still privately owned and not open to the public without special arrangements. The Andersons import electronics from Japan. The property not only has their home situated on it. It has a Japanese style guest house imported from Japan.

The attention to detail in this garden in phenomenal. The tall evergreen bushes are trimmed by hand with garden scissors and not shears, which is very labor intensive.

I just double checked on your provided link, the Japanese Garden you visited today is a relic from the 1893 Columbian Exhibition.

BTW - Did you see Clarence Darrow sitting on the steps at the rear of the Science and Industry looking onto the lagoon? Allegedly his ghost haunts there.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #64 - April 20th, 2006, 11:12 pm
    Post #64 - April 20th, 2006, 11:12 pm Post #64 - April 20th, 2006, 11:12 pm
    the Japanese Garden you visited today is a relic from the 1893 Columbian Exhibition

More accurate to say it's the latest one on the site; sounds like it has been changed fairly dramatically on multiple occasions, including the '33 Century of Progress Exposition.
  • Post #65 - April 21st, 2006, 7:43 am
    Post #65 - April 21st, 2006, 7:43 am Post #65 - April 21st, 2006, 7:43 am
    BTW - Did you see Clarence Darrow sitting on the steps at the rear of the Science and Industry looking onto the lagoon? Allegedly his ghost haunts there.

Actually, his ashes were scattered in the lagoon, and there's a ceremony there every March to commemorate his life. Here's more on the ghost:

http://www.ghostresearch.org/sites/darrow/
    "The fork with two prongs is in use in northern Europe. In England, they’re armed with a steel trident, a fork with three prongs. In France we have a fork with four prongs; it’s the height of civilization." Eugene Briffault (1846)
  • Post #66 - April 23rd, 2006, 7:18 pm
    Post #66 - April 23rd, 2006, 7:18 pm Post #66 - April 23rd, 2006, 7:18 pm
    It was also burned to ground by vandals during WW II. The current garden was constructed in the 1980s, I believe.
    "We've got both kinds of music -- Country AND Western."
  • Post #67 - May 7th, 2006, 10:01 pm
    Post #67 - May 7th, 2006, 10:01 pm Post #67 - May 7th, 2006, 10:01 pm
    I was in Henry for the IL State Morel Championship. I learned the Perdew Museum is in Henry, which revolves around a husband and wife who made bird decoys and whistles. I met a museum board member who is related by marriage to the Perdews. She told me everything the Perdews ever needed, they grew or built themselves from their home to the dentures in their mouth. Mr. Perdew first built the basement of their home where they lived initially. Whenever he scavenged enough material to continue construction, then the house project would continue.

A side view of the house:

The house is in disrepair and not open to the public:

Only the workshop is open:

Museum is open on Sundays during the Summer from 2 to 4 PM or by appointment.

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
  • Post #68 - May 12th, 2006, 4:51 pm
    Post #68 - May 12th, 2006, 4:51 pm Post #68 - May 12th, 2006, 4:51 pm
    I haven't seen this mentioned in this thread yet: I don't think many people know that Charlie Chaplin used to film on Argyle St. just west of Broadway.

http://www.ci.chi.il.us/Landmarks/E/EssanayStudios.html

Down the block from Furama, I believe it's a school now.
    Writing about craft beer at GuysDrinkingBeer.com
    "You don't realize it, but we're at dinner right now." ~Ebert
  • Post #69 - June 4th, 2006, 9:16 pm
    Post #69 - June 4th, 2006, 9:16 pm Post #69 - June 4th, 2006, 9:16 pm
    Since Volo Bog was mentioned here earlier...

A bog may not sound like the most fun you can have tromping around in nature, but it's pretty cool walking on this little pathway through mossy water and stuff (some of it, unlike that shown here, quite tall and overgrown). Especially when the pathway moves like it's not actually connected to anything....

I'd love to report on something interesting to eat up there, but we ate at the same place we did when we went to the Volo car museum, Sammie's. It's fine, considering that the other choices were McD's and a Rosati's Pizza, what are you gonna do. It did remind us to check when the Lake County Fair is coming up (late July), so we can go and have a corn dog.

On the way back, we visited the "historic village of Long Grove," which I don't think has been discussed here, just long enough for ice cream. Almost too cute (or depending on your bent slightly sinister a la The Village), 19th century strip full of Ye Olde Cracker Barrelle o' Tuscan Antiques-type shops, but I have to say, when the horse drawn carriage went by (somebody had just gotten married), damn, once in a while life is movie-perfect. The kids loved that-- and they liked the ice cream, which was pretty good (I liked the "apple pie" ice cream quite a bit, even if it wasn't especially rich), from Long Grove Apple Haus ("home of Uncle Johnny's Brown Bag apple pies").

Volo Bog
    Brandenburg Road off Hwy 12
    Volo, IL (Lake County)

Sammie's
    799 E Belvidere Rd
    Grayslake, IL
    (847) 223-4663

Long Grove Apple Haus
    230 Robert P. Coffin Rd.
    847-634-0730
  • Post #70 - June 22nd, 2006, 4:30 pm
    Post #70 - June 22nd, 2006, 4:30 pm Post #70 - June 22nd, 2006, 4:30 pm
    This continues from the GNR lunch at Priscilla's here...

Afterwards we visited the Berwyn mall at Roosevelt & Harlem with the cars on the spike and other artworks like this interactive drum:

And then made our way to Woodlawn cemetery to see the elephants which mark the Showman's plot where the dead from the 1918 circus train wreck are buried. Since part of the point of running away and joining the circus was leaving your past and identity behind, many of the graves are simply marked "Unknown Male" or, more evocatively like these:

In the distance, a Mexican band played for a Mexican funeral (at first, when we heard brass, we thought maybe it was a circus funeral). The graves of Emma Goldman and some of those executed after the Haymarket Riot are in nearby Jewish Waldheim cemetery, but we'll save those for another day, when everyone's a little older...

By this point the kids wanted ice cream so we drove around and found a Mexican place called Flamingo. With dozens of house-made ice creams and Italian ices, including oddball things like corn, cactus pear, parmesan cheese and mamey, I thought I had made a real find, but as we sampled away I started to dredge from the depths the dim memory of Vital Info or somebody posting on it. Sure enough he did*, but I'll add a strong suggestion that if you happen to be in that area, it's well worth checking out-- I wasn't wild about the ice cream per se, the soft, ice-crystaly texture is not my favorite style (and others objected to the same thing about, say, Miami Flavors), but the array of flavors is so diverse and out there that you need to go and just try a bunch for the sheer novelty of it. Alas, they were unwelcoming to pictures, or I'd show you the signage board with some of the unusual choices.

* And didn't Zim mention the 51st street branch? Or was that some other place? I considered it for the 47th-a-Thon.

UPDATE: Okay, searching for Flamingo's turns up a whole thread, including a dead link to the Tribune article I just read on their wall.

Flamingos #2
    6733 W Cermak Rd
    Chicago Il
    708-749-4287

• Post #71 - June 22nd, 2006, 6:45 pm
    Post #71 - June 22nd, 2006, 6:45 pm Post #71 - June 22nd, 2006, 6:45 pm
    The Haymarket Square monument is in Forest Home Cemetery, which merged with what was formerly Waldheim. It's the only national landmark located in a cemetery.

The Oak Park Historical Society puts on a cemetery tour each October with reenactments of famous and infamous people who are buried there. You can distinctly tell which side was Forest Home and which was Waldheim because they have a different layout and types of monuments. There are some interesting pic's here.

Oak Park Historical Society

Forest Home Cemetery
    290 and DesPlaines Ave
    Forest Park 60130
  • Post #72 - June 22nd, 2006, 7:03 pm
    Post #72 - June 22nd, 2006, 7:03 pm Post #72 - June 22nd, 2006, 7:03 pm
    Mike G wrote:Since Volo Bog was mentioned here earlier...

A bog may not sound like the most fun you can have tromping around in nature, but it's pretty cool walking on this little pathway through mossy water and stuff (some of it, unlike that shown here, quite tall and overgrown). Especially when the pathway moves like it's not actually connected to anything....

I'd love to report on something interesting to eat up there, but we ate at the same place we did when we went to the Volo car museum, Sammie's. It's fine, considering that the other choices were McD's and a Rosati's Pizza, what are you gonna do. It did remind us to check when the Lake County Fair is coming up (late July), so we can go and have a corn dog.

On the way back, we visited the "historic village of Long Grove," which I don't think has been discussed here, just long enough for ice cream. Almost too cute (or depending on your bent slightly sinister a la The Village), 19th century strip full of Ye Olde Cracker Barrelle o' Tuscan Antiques-type shops, but I have to say, when the horse drawn carriage went by (somebody had just gotten married), damn, once in a while life is movie-perfect. The kids loved that-- and they liked the ice cream, which was pretty good (I liked the "apple pie" ice cream quite a bit, even if it wasn't especially rich), from Long Grove Apple Haus ("home of Uncle Johnny's Brown Bag apple pies").

Volo Bog
    Brandenburg Road off Hwy 12
    Volo, IL (Lake County)

Sammie's
    799 E Belvidere Rd
    Grayslake, IL
    (847) 223-4663

Long Grove Apple Haus

Volo Bog has been a favorite of mine for years, dating back to the mid-1990s, when I lived in Buffalo Grove. Next time, why don't you keep on pushing north on Rte. 12 until you get to Richmond, right on the Wisconsin border, where you can enjoy a visit to the headquarters (actually just a converted house) of My Honey. I stumbled on them maybe 10 years ago. Several members of my family have been amateur beekeepers, and I've always been fascinated with this cottage industry (which My Honey has parlayed into something bigger, selling their product at Sunset Foods, for example).

Long Grove can be kinda fun; it was funny that it was just one 'burb over from Buffalo Grove, the definitive "no there there" anono-burb, and was in fact this cute little crossroads, 19th century town with a covered bridge, etc. The Strawberry Festival can be fun; try the strawberry donuts and the strawberry salsa, if they still have it there (haven't been in years).

Edited to add: The Long Grove Strawberry Festival is this weekend!
    Last edited by JimInLoganSquare on June 22nd, 2006, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JiLS
  • Post #73 - June 22nd, 2006, 8:05 pm
    Post #73 - June 22nd, 2006, 8:05 pm Post #73 - June 22nd, 2006, 8:05 pm
    Mike G wrote:I'd love to report on something interesting to eat up there, but we ate at the same place we did when we went to the Volo car museum, Sammie's. It's fine, considering that the other choices were McD's and a Rosati's Pizza, what are you gonna do.

There's a decent hot dog stand up there called Fratellos. Nothing earth-shattering, but they make a fine dog and a good grilled polish on a toasted Turano. Skip the artificial-tasting raspberry shake, though.

Fratellos Hot Dogs
    815/344-2692
    31682 N. U.S. Highway 12 (at Route 120)
    Volo, IL 60073
  • Post #74 - November 5th, 2006, 6:59 pm
    Post #74 - November 5th, 2006, 6:59 pm Post #74 - November 5th, 2006, 6:59 pm
    This hardly seems as if it's still Illinois Tourist Attraction season, but the weather was just pleasant enough that we drove an hour and a half for...

The Largest Sculpture in the World

Now, you're saying to yourself, how could the largest sculpture in the world be an hour and a half from Chicago and no one knows about it? I mean, your Mt. Rushmore and your Crazy Horse and your Stone Mountain are all pretty well known, and their decades of construction ensure publicity. You're thinking, could there be a 500-foot-tall Lincoln somewhere I don't know about? (There is in fact a giant Lincoln somewhere downstate, but it's only 60 feet high, scarcely knee-high to Stone Mountain's Lee if, in fact, he had knees.)

In the end it all depends on how you define largest. A series of earthworks, built on an old mining site next to Buffalo Rock State Park, in the shape of local fauna, Effigy Tumuli is, at its highest point, only 15 or 20 feet above the ground surrounding it. But its five individual artworks are each several hundred feet long; I can't find a figure for the total acreage covered but suffice it to say that we spent two hours climbing all five and walking back. As the photos on that page suggest, the best place to actually see the forms is from is an airplane (one in fact circled as we tromped around), but the kids had a good time climbing the shapes and playing the cloud-animal-shapes game of trying to make out what exactly they were standing on:

(Back of the water strider, looking out toward the antennae.)

And enjoying the bucolic scene, full of things you don't see everyday in the city both large (a passing barge) and small:

The nearest town is Ottawa, site of the first Lincoln-Douglas debate, as commemorated in this sculpture, which brings together three great Americans: Lincoln, Douglas, and S.L. Rothapfel:

Ottawa, alas, had already disappointed me foodwise on a visit to Starved Rock State Park about five years ago; a diner called the Bee Hive looked so full of promise and Sterns-perfect, and turned out to be a very mediocre 1970s coffeeshop. We saw another one called The Green Mill and were about to try it when my wife pointed out the sign in the window announcing "Senior Specials." (An oxymoron when applied to food, surely.)

We wound up at the polar opposite of those two, a hip little cafe called Row House, the kind of place that offers a Southwestern chicken salad and panini on the same menu and service squeezed into spare moments during the social life of the staff, but it was pleasant enough, and on the waitress' recommendation we tried this brand of sodas:

The cream soda itself was not that great, but the blueberry was delightful, as G Wiv would say, and well worth looking for at your nearest Woodman's or wherever products from Wisconsin are sold. Plus, it was cool to think that Lincoln or Douglas could have knocked one back on that long afternoon of debate.

Alas, this promising-looking place was closed on Sunday:

but perhaps another time we will return to Ottawa. Probably August 21, 2008, to be precise.

Row House Café
    728 Columbus St.
    Ottawa, IL
    815-434-3171
  • Post #75 - November 6th, 2006, 8:50 am
    Post #75 - November 6th, 2006, 8:50 am Post #75 - November 6th, 2006, 8:50 am
    Yesterday morning I was walking along the harbor east of Soldier Field prematurely celebrating the Bear's easy victory over the Dolphins with thousands of other fans (oof!), when I took a bit of a detour and ran into this, the last surviving remnant in Chicago of the 1933 Century of Progress and of a true Fascist dictatorship (with the dictator's name, altho partially obliterated, still legible). Forza Roma!

http://www.ostia-antica.org/past/chicago.htm
    "The fork with two prongs is in use in northern Europe. In England, they’re armed with a steel trident, a fork with three prongs. In France we have a fork with four prongs; it’s the height of civilization." Eugene Briffault (1846)
  • Post #76 - November 6th, 2006, 4:53 pm
    Post #76 - November 6th, 2006, 4:53 pm Post #76 - November 6th, 2006, 4:53 pm
    This actually a food related post....

Should anyone visit Springfield, IL, you could view a plaque downtown on the south side of the square around the Old State Capitol. It is near the Osco store and commemorates the starting point of the Donner Party expedition. It isn't easy to find, and is not celebrated by the city, which I think is a mistake. It could be a good reason for an annual barbeque.
  • Post #77 - November 6th, 2006, 8:00 pm
    Post #77 - November 6th, 2006, 8:00 pm Post #77 - November 6th, 2006, 8:00 pm
    Schuyler wrote: It is near the Osco store and commemorates the starting point of the Donner Party expedition.

Several historical points regarding the Donner party:

1) The Hastings Cut-off, while very difficult to maneuver with pack animals due to the paucity of water along the route, is actually the route that I-80 takes through Utah and Nevada. Water is plentiful once you get past the Great Salt Desert.

2) The Donner party was just one of a number of parties that were caught in early winter storms. Unfortunately, they were also in about the worst position for rescue parties to reach.

3) Based on documents that I reviewed at the University of Nevada in Reno, they would have made it over the Sierras in approximately 90% of the winters ... except the one that they tried. That pass generally does not receive major snow for three-four weeks past teh date that they were trapped.

4) Research performed by historians and medical personnel on the Donner party provides a significant portion of the research on the subject of hypothermia.

Not food related but interesting (or what you can learn in Reno away from the casinos).
  • Post #78 - November 6th, 2006, 9:17 pm
    Post #78 - November 6th, 2006, 9:17 pm Post #78 - November 6th, 2006, 9:17 pm
    Mike G wrote:and service squeezed into spare moments during the social life of the staff

Mike,

Though I've never been to Ottawa from your description of Row House's service I feel I've been there, and 50 other similar places over the years.

Great line, really nice pics, looked like a fun G-Family outing.

Enjoy,
    Gary
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #79 - November 7th, 2006, 9:44 am
    Post #79 - November 7th, 2006, 9:44 am Post #79 - November 7th, 2006, 9:44 am
    I have driven by Bill Polancic's Meat Market (Home of the jumbo porky) in Peru Illinois a number of times but it has always been on a Sunday. Sometime yet, I am going to try it.
  • Post #80 - November 7th, 2006, 12:09 pm
    Post #80 - November 7th, 2006, 12:09 pm Post #80 - November 7th, 2006, 12:09 pm
    I did the tumuli a month ago, along with Starved Rock, unfortunately I wasn't aware of the Burgoo festival happening in Utica. I would have stopped to sample, but there was what seemed several hundred thousand people in the streets. Signs for parking were literally miles away.

I had never heard of this fest, anyone every go and try the burgoo?

I did stop in Ottawa in the Little Brown Cow for an excellent Malt.

My vote for little known Illinois attraction is Allerton Park, in Monticello IL. Once a private estate, the previous owners willed it to U of I and now it's free. A huge park, with formal gardens, sculptures all over and lots of trails through the wooded propertyalong the Sangamon river. Nothing food related accept for some ornate carvings of fruit and one of Bacchus, and I bought a pumpkin in the gift shop/greenhouse for a buck.

Little Brown Cow Ice Cream
    600 Columbus
    Ottawa

Allerton Park
    Monticello IL
    http://www.allerton.uiuc.edu/
  • Post #81 - November 9th, 2006, 5:01 am
    Post #81 - November 9th, 2006, 5:01 am Post #81 - November 9th, 2006, 5:01 am
    Attended a 3 day conference once at Allerton Park, absolutely beautiful grounds and just a peaceful place to stay.
  • Post #82 - October 29th, 2007, 9:39 pm
    Post #82 - October 29th, 2007, 9:39 pm Post #82 - October 29th, 2007, 9:39 pm
    jlawrence01 wrote:Rockome Gardens, a major attraction in Arcola, IL will be auctioned off Saturday afternoon. http://www.rockome.com/

Last night driving up IL-57, I realized I forgot to update Rockome Gardens. I met the new owners at the Illinois State Fair who are repairing and revitalizing Rockome. It may be sold, though the new owners are continuing to run it.

I just checked the Rockome website, to learn they are now planning a holiday light show.

Regards,
    Cathy2

• Post #83 - November 8th, 2007, 7:25 pm
    Post #83 - November 8th, 2007, 7:25 pm Post #83 - November 8th, 2007, 7:25 pm
    jbw wrote:. . . which is, if course, the spot on the 5600 block of South Ellis where the wonderful Henry Moore statue commemorates the first self-sustaining, controlled nuclear reaction.

Surprisingly enough, they usually agree with my assessment, too.

Good choice for IL places that noone ever thinks of going to! I actually noticed the plaque for where that reaction happened, when I was walking through Hyde Park a few weeks back, and checking out the neighborhood for the first time in a few years.....(ok fine, my main reason was b/c I wanted to eat at Medici, happy? lol)

I will review Medici later, but would prefer doing so, after I get around to planning an eventual 2nd trip there. My 1st trip there was pretty decent, though, and I look foward to doing an eventual review about this place.
  • Post #84 - December 7th, 2007, 1:45 pm
    Post #84 - December 7th, 2007, 1:45 pm Post #84 - December 7th, 2007, 1:45 pm
    Mike G wrote:Image

Seems like a good time to reactivate this thread...

I expect Hyde Parkers will actually know this spot well, but most of the rest of the city won't, even though they've been within a few hundred yards of it multiple times. It's the Japanese tea house and garden just south of the Museum of Science and Industry, in Jackson Park.

The site also reveals that there's a much more elaborate one (with a much more elaborate website) in Rockford.

Who knew?

Great view. I would love to see it one day with my eyes. It seams like a peaceful place.
  • Post #85 - December 7th, 2007, 2:56 pm
    Post #85 - December 7th, 2007, 2:56 pm Post #85 - December 7th, 2007, 2:56 pm
    Robert Allerton is a good story, too - gay young scion of wealthy Chicago family (father Samuel was a founding partner in First National Bank, Principal in Stockyards, and massive Illinois landowners) takes up with young architect from U of I who he later adopted and they build two estates full of their art collection and beautiful gardens, one in Illinois and the other on Kauai, which is now the National Tropical Botanical Garden.

The adopted "son", John Gregg Allerton lived in Kauai for a long time, dying in 1986; Allerton passed away in '64.

As I learned more about it, I was surprised to discover it was all so recent. Allerton Park seems older, though I guess most of the work was done in the 30's and 40's.

Anyway, both places are spectacular and worth a visit.
    d
    Feeling (south) loopy
  • Post #86 - December 7th, 2007, 3:28 pm
    Post #86 - December 7th, 2007, 3:28 pm Post #86 - December 7th, 2007, 3:28 pm
    Here is another to add to the list. I found it on the way to last year's Christmas party:

Stephen A. Douglas Tomb and Memorial
    800 E 35th Street
    Chicago, IL 60609
    +1 312 744 6630

http://www.illinoishistory.gov/hs/douglas_tomb.htm

The memorial is certainly not neglected in terms of upkeep BUT it is hardly visited.
  • Post #87 - May 3rd, 2008, 6:28 pm
    Post #87 - May 3rd, 2008, 6:28 pm Post #87 - May 3rd, 2008, 6:28 pm
    Sorry to report the "Cars-on-a-stick" at Cermak and Harlem are no more.
    Video here.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/9301 ... 03.article
  • Post #88 - May 3rd, 2008, 6:41 pm
    Post #88 - May 3rd, 2008, 6:41 pm Post #88 - May 3rd, 2008, 6:41 pm
    One less reason to visit Berwyn, if that's possible.

Chester Gould/Dick Tracy Museum in Woodstock closing in June, also.
  • Post #89 - May 3rd, 2008, 9:13 pm
    Post #89 - May 3rd, 2008, 9:13 pm Post #89 - May 3rd, 2008, 9:13 pm
    I liked this idea very much: a self-guided tour you can download from the internet. In addition to Chicago Blues, they have another on Millenium Park. I hope the powers that be will consider funding more:

Regards,
    Cathy2

• Post #90 - May 3rd, 2008, 9:18 pm
    Post #90 - May 3rd, 2008, 9:18 pm Post #90 - May 3rd, 2008, 9:18 pm
    While not in Illinois, the Lincoln Museum of Fort Wayne, Indiana is closing June 30th. This is especially sad since this year began the three year celebration of the 200th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's birth.

http://www.thelincolnmuseum.org/

Regards,
    Cathy2

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more