LTH Home

The Chocolate Shoppe - Peter Pan [Pictures]

The Chocolate Shoppe - Peter Pan [Pictures]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • The Chocolate Shoppe - Peter Pan [Pictures]

Post #1 - June 2nd, 2006, 8:38 am
    Post #1 - June 2nd, 2006, 8:38 am Post #1 - June 2nd, 2006, 8:38 am
    LTH,

The Chocolate Shoppe has a new theme, Peter Pan. Just as terrifically over the top as always, a true neighborhood gem. Not to mention very good ice cream, I'll have a scoop of Zanzibar Chocolate please.

Spring 06 Peter Pan

Combined with a trip to Elephant Thai, right across the street, makes for a very nice evening.

Enjoy,
    Gary

The Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream
    5337 W Devon Ave
    Chicago, IL 60646
    773-763-9778
    One minute to Wapner.
    Raymond Babbitt

Low & Slow
  • Post #2 - June 2nd, 2006, 3:18 pm
    Post #2 - June 2nd, 2006, 3:18 pm Post #2 - June 2nd, 2006, 3:18 pm
    Is it just me, or is that Harry Potter in the second picture down? Wonder how he made it into Never Never Land.
  • Post #3 - June 2nd, 2006, 3:28 pm
    Post #3 - June 2nd, 2006, 3:28 pm Post #3 - June 2nd, 2006, 3:28 pm
    It is Harry... Probably supposted to Michael, but it is clearly Harry. As a children's librarian I appreciate literature with my chocolate. Just don't let Disney see your pix, they're maniac about copyright issues!
  • Post #4 - June 2nd, 2006, 3:35 pm
    Post #4 - June 2nd, 2006, 3:35 pm Post #4 - June 2nd, 2006, 3:35 pm
    Thanks for the pics, Gary. The last time I was there, they were just getting started on this masterpiece. This place is a gem, worth the visit for kids from 8 to 80 ;)

mrs.ricebag wrote:Just don't let Disney see your pix, they're maniac about copyright issues!

More appropriately, The Great Ormond Street Hospital.

And I think Michael has been a brown-haired boy with round glasses since before JK Rowling was in diapers.

Best,
    Michael
  • Post #5 - July 13th, 2006, 11:23 pm
    Post #5 - July 13th, 2006, 11:23 pm Post #5 - July 13th, 2006, 11:23 pm
    LTH,

After a very nice meal at Tampopo we stopped at the Chocolate Shoppe. Zanzibar chocolate was as good as always and our young niece and nephew got a big kick from the Peter Pan theme.

One small wrinkle, watch out for this guy*

He got into a minor skirmish with

and the parrot won. :);)

Enjoy,
    Gary

*Actually, he's a really nice fellow, just making a bit of a joke.
    One minute to Wapner.
    Raymond Babbitt

Low & Slow
  • Post #6 - August 20th, 2006, 4:15 pm
    Post #6 - August 20th, 2006, 4:15 pm Post #6 - August 20th, 2006, 4:15 pm
    For the fans of The Chocolate Shoppe living up north, Sweet Pea's in Highwood serves the same ice cream including the addictive Zanzibar chocolate.

Sweet Pea's
    764 Sheridan Road
    Highwood, Il
    847-266-1116
  • Post #7 - September 2nd, 2007, 2:15 pm
    Post #7 - September 2nd, 2007, 2:15 pm Post #7 - September 2nd, 2007, 2:15 pm
    DBigg wrote:For the fans of The Chocolate Shoppe living up north, Sweet Pea's in Highwood serves the same ice cream including the addictive Zanzibar chocolate.

Sweet Pea's
    764 Sheridan Road
    Highwood, Il
    847-266-1116
    ]

Sweet Pea's also makes a fabulous chocolate covered frozen banana, which is available at Burt's Deli in Libertyville.
    Mark A Reitman, PhD
    Professor of Hot Dogs
    Hot Dog University/Vienna Beef
  • Post #8 - July 25th, 2013, 2:22 pm
    Post #8 - July 25th, 2013, 2:22 pm Post #8 - July 25th, 2013, 2:22 pm
    Surprising that this place does not have its own, dedicated and more recent thread, but then the Peter Pan pictures deserve to be resurrected. Ever year when it gets warm, I find myself drawn to the Chocolate Shoppe, which given its remote location from me says a lot. The ice cream is great (Zanzibar Chocolate with a scoop of something "lighter", perhaps Fat Elvis, or Salty Caramel for contrast), the option for "kid" scoops, the friendly staff, and the timeless neighborhood feel, both in the store and out on the street with the curbside water service.

The street is best at night, dark, not too busy, resting and cooling down on a weeknight, a slow, steady stream of people, families and groups of friends, all ages and an interesting mix, many greeting each other, filtering in and back out

Always a delight whether I am on my own, or sharing the evening with friends.

I am not going to argue whether or not it is the best ice cream around, but for me it is definitely the best ice cream experience. The vibe is great even without the extravagant decorations.
    d
    Feeling (south) loopy

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more