LTH Home

bocadillo market

bocadillo market
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • bocadillo market

Post #1 - May 25th, 2024, 6:51 pm
    Post #1 - May 25th, 2024, 6:51 pm Post #1 - May 25th, 2024, 6:51 pm
    I don't see a dedicated thread to this so I will start one because I loved my first visit to this charming little restaurant. my brother and I went for lunch on Thursday and shared two of the best sandwiches I've ever had in my life. They have a small lunch menu of six sandwiches all served with a pile of scrumptious patatas bravas, little crispy cubes of potatoes, some of them dotted with pearls of mayonnaise, resting in a bed of an intense tomato sauce. We shared a smoked lamb/ aïoli/pickled carrots and green beans sandwich and one of spanish chorizo/goat cheese/avocado/acorn squash. Sandwiches are served on a delicious baguette, crispy but not uncomfortable to chew, as many are, IMO. it didn't resemble any baguette I've had around town, so I wondered if they made it in House but i forgot to ask. Only minor flaw in my lunch was an overly sweet cup of chai latte. amazingly enough they also have a small completely secluded patio out back, which I would never have expected in a place just south of the busy intersection of Fullerton and Clark.

The dinner menu looks equally enticing. Now I have to decide whether to go back and eat those sandwiches again or try one of the others...(and in an amazing Yet meaningless coincidence we discovered that James Martin, the chef/owner, had been at the same Paris wedding last week that my brother and sister in law had attended. small world!)
    BOCADILLO MARKET
    2342 N. CLARK
  • Post #2 - May 28th, 2024, 4:47 pm
    Post #2 - May 28th, 2024, 4:47 pm Post #2 - May 28th, 2024, 4:47 pm
    justjoan wrote:we discovered that James Martin, the chef/owner
    I don't know if anyone else is a sucker for stupid Food Network shows, but I remember him and this restaurant/concept being one of 4-5 that were featured on a show that focused on opening a restaurant with your romantic partner, and the stress, drama, etc. It was probably in 2021. He was considerably more normal and even keeled than most participants.
    Update/Edit: It was a summer of 2022 fill-in, "Me or the Menu."
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/me-or-the-menu
  • Post #3 - May 28th, 2024, 7:24 pm
    Post #3 - May 28th, 2024, 7:24 pm Post #3 - May 28th, 2024, 7:24 pm
    bweiny wrote:
    justjoan wrote:we discovered that James Martin, the chef/owner
    I don't know if anyone else is a sucker for stupid Food Network shows, but I remember him and this restaurant/concept being one of 4-5 that were featured on a show that focused on opening a restaurant with your romantic partner, and the stress, drama, etc. It was probably in 2021. He was considerably more normal and even keeled than most participants.
    Update/Edit: It was a summer of 2022 fill-in, "Me or the Menu."
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/me-or-the-menu

I've never been on the Food Network. I don't watch any competitive food shows, but I'm glad to hear that James seemed sensible!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more