LTH Home

Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 5 of 5 
  • Post #121 - June 9th, 2021, 7:30 am
    Post #121 - June 9th, 2021, 7:30 am Post #121 - June 9th, 2021, 7:30 am
    My go to order at CFA are bags of ice. Great for cocktails.
  • Post #122 - June 9th, 2021, 9:08 am
    Post #122 - June 9th, 2021, 9:08 am Post #122 - June 9th, 2021, 9:08 am
    Cathy2 wrote:
    nsxtasy wrote:
    MarlaCollins'Husband wrote:Chick-fil-A has finally agreed to stop giving money to organizations that actively oppose same-sex marriage.

Despite such assurances, Dan Cathy, Chick-Fil-A’s billionaire owner, has continued to donate personally to a group fighting the Equality Act, legislation that would ban discrimination based on sexual orientation, as recently reported here.

You like beating this horse to death many, many times.

Maybe it is enough.

Regards,
    Cathy2

Can you explain why this is an issue?

Poster offered new information that was shared by news outlets last week. Was there any sort of posting guidelines that were broken with this?
  • Post #123 - June 9th, 2021, 9:41 am
    Post #123 - June 9th, 2021, 9:41 am Post #123 - June 9th, 2021, 9:41 am
    WhyBeeSea wrote:Can you explain why this is an issue?

Poster offered new information that was shared by news outlets last week. Was there any sort of posting guidelines that were broken with this?

not a mod but I would say this is waffling into the "starting to drift" category of posts as loosely defined here: viewtopic.php?t=913

there's room for debate, but IMO the topic is now not what the company does with its money, but what the CEO/employees do with their earnings. to me that's 2 degrees removed from talking about the food. plus at this point, if you're eating at Fil-a, you kind of know what you're getting into?
  • Post #124 - June 9th, 2021, 10:48 am
    Post #124 - June 9th, 2021, 10:48 am Post #124 - June 9th, 2021, 10:48 am
    dudefella wrote:
    WhyBeeSea wrote:Can you explain why this is an issue?

not a mod but I would say this is waffling into the "starting to drift" category of posts as loosely defined here: viewtopic.php?t=913

there's room for debate, but IMO the topic is now not what the company does with its money, but what the CEO/employees do with their earnings. to me that's 2 degrees removed from talking about the food. plus at this point, if you're eating at Fil-a, you kind of know what you're getting into?

There's absolutely nothing non-compliant about the post. But we'll be watching the thread closely and quickly pruning off any major digressions.

Now, please, can we get back to discussing CfA's extraordinarily overrated food? :D

=R=
    for the Moderators
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #125 - June 9th, 2021, 11:01 am
    Post #125 - June 9th, 2021, 11:01 am Post #125 - June 9th, 2021, 11:01 am
    I've noticed 16-oz bottles of Chick-fil-A sauce in stores recently but have no idea what I'm missing since I've never been there. I just took a look online and saw that there were various copycat recipes available but not universal agreement on the ingredients.

The simplest and oft-upvoted version appears to be honey mustard dressing (e.g., Ken's) + barbecue sauce (e.g., Sweet Baby Ray's). But I've seen recipes with honey and mustard and mayo (okay, sounds fine) in place of the honey mustard dressing, and two variations I think of as wierd: honey + mustard + coleslaw dressing and honey + mustard + ranch dressing (in both cases, then combined with barbecue sauce). I find it a little hard to believe ranch dressing or ranch dressing powder subs seamlessly for mayo in these recipes, and so far it's been a taste test I've not been willing to run.

I've also noticed recently that Ken's honey mustard dressing is a big seller, not only in the usual salad-dressing-sized bottles but also in larger quantites, perhaps second only to Hidden Valley Ranch. Does America have an appetite for Ken's honey mustard dressing that rivals its insatiable desire for ranch? Or are a lot of people buying Ken's honey mustard dressing and mixing it with Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce to make their own Chick-fil-A sauce, as quite a few bloggers suggest?

I bought my first bottle of Ken's honey mustard a while ago to try with fried chicken and fries, and I think it's fine, but not impressive enough to explain to me why people buy it by the quart and half gallon. So I wonder if I should be mixing it with something to make it better.

(p.s., speaking of what the company does with its money, on my search I came across this page that says that 100% of the "royalties" from retail sales of CFA sauce and Polynesian sauce go to scholarships for employees. Just wondering if anyone knows, is there a meaningful difference between royalties and profits?)
    Last edited by Katie on June 10th, 2021, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "Your swimming suit matches your eyes, you hold your nose before diving, loving you has made me bananas!"
  • Post #126 - June 9th, 2021, 12:28 pm
    Post #126 - June 9th, 2021, 12:28 pm Post #126 - June 9th, 2021, 12:28 pm
    dudefella wrote:there's room for debate, but IMO the topic is now not what the company does with its money, but what the CEO/employees do with their earnings. to me that's 2 degrees removed from talking about the food. plus at this point, if you're eating at Fil-a, you kind of know what you're getting into?

Agree 100%. Rightly or wrongly (I'd say rightly), the ethics of Chick-fil-A became a hot topic in the food world. The people unhappy with it won the fight and the company stopped giving money to anti-gay groups. Conflating how an individual spends the money they get from the company with official corporate acts for the purpose of attacking the company strikes me as somewhere between silly and disingenuous.

Katie wrote:(p.s., speaking of what the company does with its money, on my search I came across this page that says that 100% of the "royalties" from retails sales of CFA sauce and Polynesian sauce go to scholarships for employees. Just wondering if anyone knows, is there a meaningful difference between royalties and profits?)

The company actually does a fair amount of good when it comes to charitable contributions and that's one example. Regarding your question, there could be other explanations, but using royalties rather than profits in this context could mean that a portion of all sales go to charity regardless of whether the sauce enterprise earns any profits at all, which would especially be true if the sauce is actually produced by a separate company that pays royalties to Chick-fil-A.

As for the food, I stopped by the Fullerton/Damen/Elston location and had my first sandwich there in years. I suspect it's the last one I'll ever have. Everything about the Popeye's sandwich is better.
  • Post #127 - June 9th, 2021, 2:54 pm
    Post #127 - June 9th, 2021, 2:54 pm Post #127 - June 9th, 2021, 2:54 pm
    FYI: Chick-fil-A has opened a "licensed restaurant" in Union Station near the Adams St Entrance. It is located in the stall where Cajun Grill was located, across from The Junction Pub. Online ordering is not available.

225 S Canal St
    Chicago, IL 60606
    Monday - Saturday 06:30 AM-10:00 PM
    (312) 526-3743
    https://www.chick-fil-a.com/locations/i ... on-station

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles