LTH Home

Candlelite, Zaffiro's, Vito and Nick's [Pictures] ~Long~

Candlelite, Zaffiro's, Vito and Nick's [Pictures] ~Long~
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 3 
  • Post #61 - February 12th, 2006, 10:38 am
    Post #61 - February 12th, 2006, 10:38 am Post #61 - February 12th, 2006, 10:38 am
    Cathy2 wrote:I ordered the garlic fries. They were not quite like those Gary pictured, I guess he must have asked for extra garlic and I didn't feel any vinegar. Of course, it was such a balmy evening I was outdoors so maybe the table condiments are not the same. Yes, I could have asked for the vinegar, but it didn't cross my mind. Nonetheless, a fry with fresh garlic is always worth eating. (I'll just get extra garlic next time!)

Sixteen months later I finally returned to Candlelite where I finally got the fries. When ordering I told the waitress about my last encounter: not very much garlic and no hint of vinegar. On this occasion the fries arrived with plenty of garlic and vinegar obviously present. There was so much garlic and vinegar pooled on the bottom of my basket, I dipped some of my pizza in there. Great stuff!

Regards,
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #62 - May 18th, 2016, 7:19 am
    Post #62 - May 18th, 2016, 7:19 am Post #62 - May 18th, 2016, 7:19 am
    G Wiv wrote:Zaffiro's Pizza & Bar
    1724 N Farwell Ave
    Milwaukee, WI 53202
    414-289-8776

Zaffiro's has expanded to a number of locations. Looks like they have licensed the name or are partnering with Marcus Cinemas: http://zaffirospizzabar.com/

Just happened to stumble across a location in New Berlin WI. Pizza was good, shy on sauce a bit. Can't say it was enjoyable as the original, but perhaps I was being picky due to the location/atmosphere not being the original place I've been to many times.

There is also Zaffiro's Express with locations in the Chicagoland area (Addison, Elgin, Chgo Heights): http://www.marcustheatres.com/amenities ... os-express
    -
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #63 - May 18th, 2016, 9:19 am
    Post #63 - May 18th, 2016, 9:19 am Post #63 - May 18th, 2016, 9:19 am
    Yes, they have licensed the name to Marcus. They also sold them a recipe. The original, maybe due to the ovens, etc.... is still hard to beat. The licensed ones are good though, but not as good.
  • Post #64 - May 15th, 2023, 9:27 pm
    Post #64 - May 15th, 2023, 9:27 pm Post #64 - May 15th, 2023, 9:27 pm
    Went to the 1724 N Farwell Ave Milwaukee location of Zaffiro's on Tues June 9.

There is only takeout on Tuesdays.

I ordered my usual of sausage/mushroom but it had been sooooo long since I was last there that I forgot to order extra sauce.

I sat at the bar until pizza was ready. I then walked 100' to my car and dined. The pizza was hot & good but didn't hit the spot that it used to.

I will have to go back and order with extra sauce.
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more