LTH Home

Cemitas Puebla [was Taqueria Puebla]

Cemitas Puebla [was Taqueria Puebla]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Cemitas Puebla [was Taqueria Puebla]

- October 26th, 2004, 11:52 am
    - October 26th, 2004, 11:52 am Post #1 - October 26th, 2004, 11:52 am
    Last month I started a new job and now find myself driving into every nook and cranny of our chow rich city.After 2 plus years of hanging out here and at CH it's amazing how many "familiar" restaurants pop into my field of vision as I drive thru the different neighborhoods.

Saturday afternoon while heading west on North Av. to a salescall on the westside,Taqueria Puebla jumped out and flagged me down. I remember reading a few months back about the fabled cemita and figured that now was the time to try one.

Dammm, this is one fine sandwich. I got the carne asada enchilado cemita.A nice crisp sessame roll is gently griddled and then spred with a layer of guacamole.On top of the guac goes a layer of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce,some carne asada hot off the grill and a mountain of shredded cheese(Queso Oaxaca I believe the man said).

The hot slow/smoky burn of the chipotles really compliments the carne asada and the guacamole and cheese make a cool and creamy backdrop for the whole deal to come togheher on the palate.
    After nearly 3 days the drool still puddles up in the corners of my mouth just thinking about this masterpiece of a sammy.

Thanks RST, Seth and MikeG for the posts and pics.

John

Cemitas Puebla
    3619 W. North Avenue
    Chicago, IL
    773-772-8435[/quote]

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles