LTH Home

Lettuce Entertain You

Lettuce Entertain You
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 3 
  • Post #61 - October 13th, 2021, 4:57 am
    Post #61 - October 13th, 2021, 4:57 am Post #61 - October 13th, 2021, 4:57 am
    With all due respect to the vintage-iconic RJ Grunt's and Fritz That's It in days of yore, I've always thought that Mon Ami Gabi was the theme-based star in the LEYE stable.

Spent so much time at the MAG in Vegas at the Paris, with the outdoor patio possibly the best people-watching spot on the Strip. I had read at some point that it was per capita per square foot the highest-grossing of all the Melman restaurants.

And quality just kicks a** there. Salads, hanger steak, frites. The French onion soup...I spent 4 days in Paris trying to order something as good as MAG's, and failed. Authentic, who cares? It's magical. Recently, I've dined at the Bethesda, MD location--as good as Vegas, or Oak Brook.

It's gotta be mall & office economics. And LEYE does not dally--something looks like it may not work in the future, they pull the plug like an iron lung.
  • Post #62 - October 13th, 2021, 8:27 am
    Post #62 - October 13th, 2021, 8:27 am Post #62 - October 13th, 2021, 8:27 am
    jnm123 wrote:something looks like it may not work in the future, they pull the plug like an iron lung.

Who pulls the plug on an iron lung??? :shock:

:lol:
  • Post #63 - October 13th, 2021, 8:33 am
    Post #63 - October 13th, 2021, 8:33 am Post #63 - October 13th, 2021, 8:33 am
    Hi,

A friend in the last month visited the MAG in Oak Brook and was disappointed by the food. I don't know the particulars, just that they were not thrilled. It could be they were having problems there.

I was at Oak Brook for a funeral lunch in August. It was not easy finding parking for two reasons: a number of spots were reserved for those picking up, and all other parking spaces were filled. Parking was just as dense at noon as it was at 2:30 pm when I left.

Regards,
    CAthy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more