LTH Home

Tacos de Campechano at Tierra Caliente

Tacos de Campechano at Tierra Caliente
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Tacos de Campechano at Tierra Caliente

Post #1 - March 11th, 2009, 4:20 pm
    Post #1 - March 11th, 2009, 4:20 pm Post #1 - March 11th, 2009, 4:20 pm
    I’ve been silent too long. Perhaps I just want it all for myself. We all know that Tierra Caliente has the best Al Pastor in the neighborhood and is up and running for some of the best in Chicago. In my opinion, I have never had Barbacoa that has come close to the Tierra Caliente. Despite all of this I have found a new favorite taco there. It’s called “campechano”, and has been on the specials board for some time now. As far as I can tell it’s just carnitas mixed with chorizo, though not just any carnitas. True to form, Tierra Caliente does it best, fresh daily, and in a huge cauldron! I like chorizo, don’t get me wrong, but depending on where it comes from, by itself it can be a bit too salty for me. But when they mix it with the sticky savory carnitas they have struck gold. But don’t tell them that, they may raise the prices. Don’t hesitate to message me if you want an eating companion, I’ll go there any day!

Tierra Caliente (formerly Carniceria Leon)
    1402 N Ashland Ave,
    (773) 772-9804‎
    Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.

-Mark Twain
  • Post #2 - March 11th, 2009, 10:15 pm
    Post #2 - March 11th, 2009, 10:15 pm Post #2 - March 11th, 2009, 10:15 pm
    laikom,

Thanks for the tip. Are you sure that this item is available daily? I ask because Tierra Caliente only sells carnitas on Saturdays and Sundays. I've had lunch there several times recently (on weekdays) and there weren't any carnitas, But they did have lengua and cabeza available from the steam table pans.

:twisted:
    "Bass Trombone is the Lead Trumpet of the Deep."
    Rick Hammett
  • Post #3 - March 11th, 2009, 10:44 pm
    Post #3 - March 11th, 2009, 10:44 pm Post #3 - March 11th, 2009, 10:44 pm
    Now that you mention it, it's quite possible that i just happened to be there on weekends the last few visits. It always seems to be on the board. Perhaps i'll have to stop in tomorrow to see. I'll keep you posted.
    Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.

-Mark Twain

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more