LTH Home

Paramount Room - Great Neighborhood Restaurant

Paramount Room - Great Neighborhood Restaurant
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 4 of 4 
  • Post #91 - April 26th, 2011, 9:06 am
    Post #91 - April 26th, 2011, 9:06 am Post #91 - April 26th, 2011, 9:06 am
    This was my first bad experience at Paramount Room, so I'm not ready to write them off yet. They clearly weren't trying on this particular day.
    Last edited by turkob on April 26th, 2011, 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Post #92 - April 26th, 2011, 9:26 am
    Post #92 - April 26th, 2011, 9:26 am Post #92 - April 26th, 2011, 9:26 am
    Lunch at the Paramount Room has a distinctly "B-Team" feel to me. I've never had a bad experience myself at such times, but it's distinctly less awesome.
  • Post #93 - May 16th, 2011, 1:10 am
    Post #93 - May 16th, 2011, 1:10 am Post #93 - May 16th, 2011, 1:10 am
    I went to this restaurant recently, and I agree with all the people here. I enjoyed the food, terrific taste, and the way they served the drinks. Will plan soon to be there soon.
  • Post #94 - May 26th, 2011, 11:02 am
    Post #94 - May 26th, 2011, 11:02 am Post #94 - May 26th, 2011, 11:02 am
    Smooth sailing at Paramount on our last visit - mussels, frites, tartare, burgers, $4 (special) PBR + shots, aioli, tempura green beans, hot sauce, fish and chips, even toast left nothing to be desired; easy parking, conversation-friendly, clean booths, friendly footrailed bar for second round. Chocolate factory perfume on our way out the door.
  • Post #95 - May 26th, 2011, 1:40 pm
    Post #95 - May 26th, 2011, 1:40 pm Post #95 - May 26th, 2011, 1:40 pm
    Santander wrote:Smooth sailing at Paramount on our last visit - mussels, frites, tartare, burgers, $4 (special) PBR + shots, aioli, tempura green beans, hot sauce, fish and chips, even toast left nothing to be desired; easy parking, conversation-friendly, clean booths, friendly footrailed bar for second round. Chocolate factory perfume on our way out the door.

    $4 for a beer and a shot, right? Otherwise, you got hosed on a $4 PBR. ;-)

    I enjoyed my one visit to the Paramount Room. I'm looking forward to going back.
    -Mary
  • Post #96 - May 26th, 2011, 4:13 pm
    Post #96 - May 26th, 2011, 4:13 pm Post #96 - May 26th, 2011, 4:13 pm
    The GP wrote:
    Santander wrote:Smooth sailing at Paramount on our last visit - mussels, frites, tartare, burgers, $4 (special) PBR + shots, aioli, tempura green beans, hot sauce, fish and chips, even toast left nothing to be desired; easy parking, conversation-friendly, clean booths, friendly footrailed bar for second round. Chocolate factory perfume on our way out the door.

    $4 for a beer and a shot, right? Otherwise, you got hosed on a $4 PBR. ;-)

    I enjoyed my one visit to the Paramount Room. I'm looking forward to going back.


    It actually turned into a PBR and two shots for $4, but we had a quarters zen master with us. Everyday: $5 PBR and a good shot. No $10 burger + pint special these days, though.
  • Post #97 - June 16th, 2011, 12:30 pm
    Post #97 - June 16th, 2011, 12:30 pm Post #97 - June 16th, 2011, 12:30 pm
    Sad news about Shawn Koch, former bartender/beverage manager at the Paramount Room:

    Shawn M. "Shorty" Koch, age 34, a rock star, of Chicago, died on Monday June, 13th 2011 from a long battle to brain cancer. Beloved husband of Katie, nee Kershaw; dearest father of Charlie Mae Koch; loving son of Linda (Juergen) Lafrenz and John (Ginny Hannon) Koch; dear brother of Jamie (Peter) Devins; fond brother-in-law of Tony (Jody) Kershaw, Angie (Scott) Schauble and Lacey (Chris) Schick; cherished uncle to many nieces and nephews. Visitation Thursday, June 16, from 3 to 8 p.m., at Haben Funeral Home & Crematory , 8057 Niles Center Rd., Skokie. Lying-in-state Friday, June 17, from 11 a.m. until time of Funeral Service, 1 p.m., at Park Community Church, 1001 N. Crosby St., Chicago, IL 60610. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to
    The Shawn Koch Foundation @ 3113 N. Richmond St. Chicago Il, 60618
    The American Brain Tumor Association, 8550 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Suite 550, Chicago, IL 60631 or
    Gilda's Club Chicago, 537 N. Wells St., Chicago, IL 60654.
    Funeral info: 847.673.6111 or http://www.habenfuneral.com.


    http://www.shawnkoch.com/

    (Hope this was okay to post. Shawn was mentioned previously in this thread.)
    -Mary
  • Post #98 - April 22nd, 2012, 8:54 pm
    Post #98 - April 22nd, 2012, 8:54 pm Post #98 - April 22nd, 2012, 8:54 pm
    A friend and I hit the Paramount Room before the Bulls game on Saturday. Burgers for each of us, order of fries between us. Well-seasoned meat, medium rare, sauteed mushrooms and gruyere made it a tasty, sloppy mess. A Finch's Dunkelweiss complemented the burger perfectly. It remains on my list.
    -Mary
  • Post #99 - April 23rd, 2012, 5:53 pm
    Post #99 - April 23rd, 2012, 5:53 pm Post #99 - April 23rd, 2012, 5:53 pm
    I also went recently, and continue to enjoy their tartare. Chopped is the way to go...not sure what other restaurants are so afraid of.
    "We eat slowly and with gusto." - Paul Bäumer in AQOTWF
  • Post #100 - December 14th, 2012, 9:33 am
    Post #100 - December 14th, 2012, 9:33 am Post #100 - December 14th, 2012, 9:33 am
    Nice visit to the Paramount Room the other night. Feeling a bit chilled, I started with a decent rendition of a hot toddy. The server recommend the Claret for my friend. My friend had a burger and fries. I had the reuben and tempura green beans. I didn't realize I had ordered #33 on the Chicago Magazine's best sandwiches list. It was good that night and still good the next day for lunch. I will keep Paramount Room in my pre-Bulls game dining list.
    -Mary
  • Post #101 - January 17th, 2013, 3:37 pm
    Post #101 - January 17th, 2013, 3:37 pm Post #101 - January 17th, 2013, 3:37 pm
    As part of the Deschutes Brwy. rollout in Chicago (& Illinois), I stopped in the Paramount Room last Thursday night for its pairings.
    I selected its hamburger, medium rare, with both cheddar and gruyere cheese, along with french fries. The hamburger was very good. But I thought the taste of the two cheeses was off-putting. Maybe just one of them would have been better. And it was paired with Black Butte Porter, which is very, very good, and one of my favorites. :D Image Image
    I also always wonder what am I supposed to do with the aioli. What is it there to complement? :?
    Tonight, I'm headed for Marie's Packaged Goods & Community Bar before my gig at Exit.
    Valuable links for survival, without the monetization attempt: http://74.115.231.54/~pudgym29/bookmark4.html
  • Post #102 - January 17th, 2013, 3:42 pm
    Post #102 - January 17th, 2013, 3:42 pm Post #102 - January 17th, 2013, 3:42 pm
    pudgym29 wrote:I also always wonder what am I supposed to do with the aioli. What is it there to complement? :?


    I'm guessing it's there to either use as a condiment on the burger or as a dip for the fries.
    Steve Z.

    “Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #103 - January 17th, 2013, 3:43 pm
    Post #103 - January 17th, 2013, 3:43 pm Post #103 - January 17th, 2013, 3:43 pm
    pudgym29 wrote:
    Tonight, I'm headed for Marie's Packaged Goods & Community Bar before my gig at Exit.


    Stop into Pleasant House Bakery next door for a savory pie before you head into Marie's (I believe you can bring your pie to Marie's to eat it there).
  • Post #104 - January 17th, 2013, 3:47 pm
    Post #104 - January 17th, 2013, 3:47 pm Post #104 - January 17th, 2013, 3:47 pm
    milz50 wrote:Stop into Pleasant House Bakery next door for a savory pie before you head into Marie's (I believe you can bring your pie to Marie's to eat it there).


    It is encouraged, in fact. PHB will have an additional special for tonight to go with beer roll-out at Maria's, sounds like a rarebit of some sort.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." Leo Durocher

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more