LTH Home

Data Points in Albany Park - Al Amira

Data Points in Albany Park - Al Amira
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - April 23rd, 2022, 6:01 pm
    Post #31 - April 23rd, 2022, 6:01 pm Post #31 - April 23rd, 2022, 6:01 pm
    We tried Taqueria San Juanito last night. I was happy with the guacamole. Good flavor, decent portion for the price. Chips seemed purchased rather than fresh though.
    Daughter, Audrey, is in a torta phase and went with the ham & egg.

She was happy with it. Rice and beans were good, nothing special, but slightly better than average.

Husband got a beef burrito.

He said it was nicely seasoned. Salsas provided perked everything up considerably. I liked the green a lot.

I got the 3 shrimp taco dinner.

They suffered from overcooked shrimp but the tortillas were very fresh and soft and the aforementioned salsa helped.

So far, Torteria San Lenchito is our clear Mexican favorite in the area. We’ve been back a few times and are always happy. Taqueria las Flores is probably our #2. We’ve tried them twice now and are learning their strengths/weaknesses.
    Planning to try El Fogon de Elena soon.
  • Post #32 - April 24th, 2022, 2:10 am
    Post #32 - April 24th, 2022, 2:10 am Post #32 - April 24th, 2022, 2:10 am
    LynnB wrote:
    I think the student has become the master here. That’s a good looking calzone (and the pizza looks…uh…not as good :P)

HaHa! As far as last night goes, I agree with you boudreaulicious. In fairness to the restaurant, we have had better looking/tasting pizzas from them in the past. Not great mind you, but better. Just another data point for the file…..

I try to avoid any healthy pizza, especially olives and green pepper, so I think your daughter is pretty spot on
  • Post #33 - April 25th, 2022, 10:12 am
    Post #33 - April 25th, 2022, 10:12 am Post #33 - April 25th, 2022, 10:12 am
    Have yet to try any of the taquerias mentioned in this thread, will have to check them out sometime.

My usual go to's are:
    La Fogata
    3930 W Montrose Ave, Chicago, IL 60618
    They have a really good red salsa that we make sure to get extra to keep throughout the week. Very smoky, like smokier than a typical can of chipotles. Also like their enchiladas.

Taco Max
    3402 W Montrose Ave Chicago, IL 60618
    Excellent al pastor and cochinita pibil.
  • Post #34 - May 4th, 2022, 10:12 am
    Post #34 - May 4th, 2022, 10:12 am Post #34 - May 4th, 2022, 10:12 am
    Lindo Michoacan Supermarket, A Longtime Albany Park Staple, Gets City Grant To Expand Grocery Store

https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/05/04 ... ery-store/
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more