LTH Home

Little Ricky's in Winnetka

Little Ricky's in Winnetka
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Little Ricky's in Winnetka

Post #1 - June 13th, 2009, 1:51 pm
    Post #1 - June 13th, 2009, 1:51 pm Post #1 - June 13th, 2009, 1:51 pm
    Grandma Bobbi and I heard about a place that serves decent bar food including a pulled BBQ pork sandwich, which I dearly love. It's called Little Ricky's. It's on the NW corner of Elm and Lincoln in Winnetka.
    We went for lunch the other day. I ordered the above sandwich with BBQ on the side so I could adjust the amount and a side of sweet potato fries. GM Bobbi has the club sandwich with a side of their onion rings. All items were nicely cooked and presented. The sweet potato fries were some of the best I've eaten. They have an excellent assortment of beers.The wait staff was attentive and efficient. The overall experience was one where I recommend Little Ricky's if you are in the area.
    Anyone else been there?
    Regards,
    GP Bob

Little Ricky's
    540 Lincoln
    Winnetka, IL 60093
    847-784-1444
    "It was very nice the time I was there." - my Mother whenever she was asked her opinion of a restaurant
  • Post #2 - June 13th, 2009, 2:37 pm
    Post #2 - June 13th, 2009, 2:37 pm Post #2 - June 13th, 2009, 2:37 pm
    We order lunch for our office from Little Ricky's about once a month. I really enjoy their "Suzy" salad, which consists of romaine lettuce, blackened chicken, tomatoes, corn, black beans, cheddar cheese, roasted red peppers and bacon. This is my usual order. Occasionally, I get a Ricky Club, which starts out with grilled chicken breast instead of turkey and also includes swiss cheese and avocado. I'm not a huge fan of their "bbq" because to me, it's not a style I'm really into (seems like oven-cooked and sauced) but the ingredients are of good quality and the large portions make for a relatively good value. I consider this to be a solid, neighborhood spot. It's not necessarily a destination but it's decently-prepared, real food amidst a sea of otherwise fairly crappy offerings in the immediate area.

=R=
    By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself. --Kambei Shimada

Every human interaction is an opportunity for disappointment --RS

There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #3 - June 19th, 2009, 8:15 am
    Post #3 - June 19th, 2009, 8:15 am Post #3 - June 19th, 2009, 8:15 am
    My friend likes this restaurant! I hope to go here soon.
  • Post #4 - August 21st, 2009, 2:31 pm
    Post #4 - August 21st, 2009, 2:31 pm Post #4 - August 21st, 2009, 2:31 pm
    We ordered lunch from here today. I strayed slightly from my usual order and got the Ricky Club. It was fine . . . except for the horrendous slices of mealy, white tomato on it. It's nearly impossible to get lousy tomatoes this time of year but somehow they managed. I wouldn't even know where to find such a crappy tomato around here in August. I wonder, did they have to pay extra for these? :lol:

=R=
    By protecting others, you save yourself. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself. --Kambei Shimada

• Post #5 - August 21st, 2009, 2:42 pm
    Post #5 - August 21st, 2009, 2:42 pm Post #5 - August 21st, 2009, 2:42 pm
    I wouldn't even know where to find such a crappy tomato around here in August
    Watch Sky Full of Bacon, the Chicago food HD podcast!
    New episode: Soil, Corn, Cows and Cheese
    Watch the Reader's James Beard Award-winning Key Ingredient here.
  • Post #6 - August 21st, 2009, 2:49 pm
    Post #6 - August 21st, 2009, 2:49 pm Post #6 - August 21st, 2009, 2:49 pm
    Mike G wrote:
    I wouldn't even know where to find such a crappy tomato around here in August

LOL! So you're saying they're imported? :P

=R=

• Post #7 - September 4th, 2020, 5:55 pm
    Post #7 - September 4th, 2020, 5:55 pm Post #7 - September 4th, 2020, 5:55 pm
    Winnetka’s Cafe Aroma, Little Ricky’s shuttered amid COVID-19 hardships: ‘I will not let this tarnish my heart’

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ ... story.html
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more