LTH Home

We Return After 20 Years: D'Agostino's

We Return After 20 Years: D'Agostino's
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - September 3rd, 2020, 7:46 pm
    Post #31 - September 3rd, 2020, 7:46 pm Post #31 - September 3rd, 2020, 7:46 pm
    After closing down their Park Ridge restaurant earlier this year, on August 14, D’Agostino’s opened at Oakton Street and Milwaukee Avenue on a site familiar to pizza lovers. It was the home of Riggio’s restaurant for decades, before owner Tony Riggio retired three years ago. https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ ... story.html
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard
  • Post #32 - September 3rd, 2020, 11:03 pm
    Post #32 - September 3rd, 2020, 11:03 pm Post #32 - September 3rd, 2020, 11:03 pm
    Dave148 wrote:After closing down their Park Ridge restaurant earlier this year, on August 14, D’Agostino’s opened at Oakton Street and Milwaukee Avenue on a site familiar to pizza lovers. It was the home of Riggio’s restaurant for decades, before owner Tony Riggio retired three years ago. https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ ... story.html

I've lived a mile away for 20 years and we ate at the old Riggio's only a few times. It was less than stellar food and service. They used to say they had a great Chicago thin crust but it was more like a NY crust.
    I knew Joey D'Agostino as he used to work for my step-father and his partner as a pizzamaker on Southport and Roscoe while I was a cook there.
    Him and his father Carl used to hang around and quiz my stepfather about every little thing before going into business for himself on Addison and Southport.
  • Post #33 - September 7th, 2020, 8:23 am
    Post #33 - September 7th, 2020, 8:23 am Post #33 - September 7th, 2020, 8:23 am
    I assume the Pats you’re talking about us the one on Lincoln and not the unrelated one in the Sloop? That one is our go to place and similarly, they also went through a slump of inconsistency a few years ago but are back to form and delish. I find their pies to be well balanced and they don’t skimp on ingredients. We like their sauce. Pat’s at Clark and Harrison. They make a killing in the college students, long-time residents and now the many renters from the new high rises.
  • Post #34 - September 7th, 2020, 11:38 am
    Post #34 - September 7th, 2020, 11:38 am Post #34 - September 7th, 2020, 11:38 am
    chicagojim wrote:I assume the Pats you’re talking about us the one on Lincoln and not the unrelated one in the Sloop?

If this is in response to my post from 2012, yes, I meant the one on Lincoln and Seminary.
    Pithy quote here.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more