LTH Home

Best (steak) Burrito in Chicago

Best (steak) Burrito in Chicago
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 3 
  • Post #61 - November 4th, 2020, 8:10 am
    Post #61 - November 4th, 2020, 8:10 am Post #61 - November 4th, 2020, 8:10 am
    $18.75 :shock:
  • Post #62 - November 4th, 2020, 8:24 am
    Post #62 - November 4th, 2020, 8:24 am Post #62 - November 4th, 2020, 8:24 am
    I'm afraid its been quite some time since I've been there, but I used to enjoy the steak burritos at Irazu. Since you are in Wicker Park, I'm thinking this place is already well known to you. Looking at their website, they are getting on the spendy side as well.
    "I live on good soup, not on fine words." -Moliere
  • Post #63 - November 4th, 2020, 9:04 am
    Post #63 - November 4th, 2020, 9:04 am Post #63 - November 4th, 2020, 9:04 am
    jpeac2 wrote:It’s with great sadness that I have to move on from La Pasadita. Having watched their prices steadily increase over the last year to the point that a Steak super burrito being $18.75 I just cannot justify going back. Need to expand the horizon.

What is everyone’s latest favorite steak burrito?

Is $18.75 La Pasadita in-house or via a delivery company such as GrubHub? Either way seems pricey for a burrito.

Personally I don't eat burritos and I'm not a fan of taco joint carne asada.

Tacos without a long drive Carniceria Guanajuato, Taqueria 5 De Mayo or, if in the mood for the best with a drive, La Chaparrita. Always lengua, often Al Pastor, sometimes Chile relleno, chorizo or suadero. If La Chaparrita crispy tripas.
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #64 - November 4th, 2020, 9:59 am
    Post #64 - November 4th, 2020, 9:59 am Post #64 - November 4th, 2020, 9:59 am
    G Wiv wrote:
    jpeac2 wrote:It’s with great sadness that I have to move on from La Pasadita. Having watched their prices steadily increase over the last year to the point that a Steak super burrito being $18.75 I just cannot justify going back. Need to expand the horizon.

What is everyone’s latest favorite steak burrito?

Is $18.75 La Pasadita in-house or via a delivery company such as GrubHub? Either way seems pricey for a burrito.

Tacos without a long drive Carniceria Guanajuato, Taqueria 5 De Mayo or, if in the mood for the best with a drive, La Chaparrita. Always lengua, often Al Pastor, sometimes Chile relleno, chorizo or suadero. If La Chaparrita crispy tripas.

I'll occasionally grab a burrito here (Carniceria Guanajuato), though I really prefer their tacos. They're excellent and iirc, they're around $6.

=R=
    Same planet, different world
  • Post #65 - November 4th, 2020, 12:36 pm
    Post #65 - November 4th, 2020, 12:36 pm Post #65 - November 4th, 2020, 12:36 pm
    Taqueria la Zacatecana on California between Belmont and Diversey is my go to on the nw side of the city. While El asadero is good, think this place is far superior.

And I know it's a pricey version too, but the Cali burrito at Cruz blanca was surprisingly delicious
  • Post #66 - November 16th, 2020, 3:27 pm
    Post #66 - November 16th, 2020, 3:27 pm Post #66 - November 16th, 2020, 3:27 pm
    G Wiv wrote: Is $18.75 La Pasadita in-house or via a delivery company such as GrubHub? Either way seems pricey for a burrito.

ronnie_suburban wrote: I'll occasionally grab a burrito here (Carniceria Guanajuato), though I really prefer their tacos. They're excellent and iirc, they're around $6.
    On 31 October 2020, after buying beer at the The Beer Temple, I walked over to Carniceria Guanajuato #3. The Carne Asada Burrito is now $7.99. The Carnitas Burrito was on special for $5.99.
    Many taquerias, including Taqueria Poncitlan #5, have increased the price of a steak burrito markedly due to conditions at meat processing plants [due to COVID-19]. Subsequently, I have been ordering Al Pastor burritos more recently. This includes venues like Tacos El Tio #2 (5737 W. Belmont Ave. - in the former IHOP), and the most recent venue, discovered when walking to a bus stop from my doctor,
    Simòn Tacos
    4263 N. Milwaukee Ave.
    Chicago, IL. 60641
    773-930-3273

It was OK. I'll try this again with the less spicy red salsa.
    Valuable links for survival, without the monetization attempt: https://pqrs-ltd.xyz/bookmark4.html
  • Post #67 - November 16th, 2020, 3:57 pm
    Post #67 - November 16th, 2020, 3:57 pm Post #67 - November 16th, 2020, 3:57 pm
    While the quesabirria trend drove my household to Tacotlan, we really keep going back for steak burritos. No rice; just beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream. Doesn't feel too rich though. The tortilla is always soft as well. I usually eat half and then have the other half like 2 hours later. Recommended for steak burrito likers, not recommended for those who are indifferent.
  • Post #68 - November 24th, 2020, 7:09 pm
    Post #68 - November 24th, 2020, 7:09 pm Post #68 - November 24th, 2020, 7:09 pm
    Mi Tocaya in Logan Square is my favorite steak burrito! A little pricey at $17 but the quality is certainly there. Ingredients are: skirt steak, local black beans, romaine, avocado, grilled onion, banana peppers, sour cream... So delish, and a really great little place with a female head chef churning out higher end Mexican fare.

Mi Tocaya
    2800 W LOGAN BLVD.
    CHICAGO, IL 60647
    872-315-3947

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide