LTH Home

Jet's Pizza, Detroit-style (Buffalo Grove & other locations)

Jet's Pizza, Detroit-style (Buffalo Grove & other locations)
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - August 29th, 2019, 7:15 pm
    Post #31 - August 29th, 2019, 7:15 pm Post #31 - August 29th, 2019, 7:15 pm
    Jet’s Pizza
    1805 N Harlem Ave, Chicago
    (and other locations)

    I was just watching the Bears game and during a player interview he mentioned
    Not Chicago, not New York, Jet’s all the way
    That jiggled my memory of both the restaurant at this location and friends mentioning how good Detroit style is.

    I wonder if anyone has tried it? I know a taste is in my future.
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat
  • Post #32 - August 29th, 2019, 8:43 pm
    Post #32 - August 29th, 2019, 8:43 pm Post #32 - August 29th, 2019, 8:43 pm
    Panther in the Den wrote:Jet’s Pizza
    1805 N Harlem Ave, Chicago
    (and other locations)

    I was just watching the Bears game and during a player interview he mentioned
    Not Chicago, not New York, Jet’s all the way
    That jiggled my memory of both the restaurant at this location and friends mentioning how good Detroit style is.

    I wonder if anyone has tried it? I know a taste is in my future.


    I believe this thread has posts with reviews and experiences at Jet's.
  • Post #33 - August 29th, 2019, 8:48 pm
    Post #33 - August 29th, 2019, 8:48 pm Post #33 - August 29th, 2019, 8:48 pm
    WhyBeeSea wrote:
    Panther in the Den wrote:Jet’s Pizza
    1805 N Harlem Ave, Chicago
    (and other locations)

    I was just watching the Bears game and during a player interview he mentioned
    Not Chicago, not New York, Jet’s all the way
    That jiggled my memory of both the restaurant at this location and friends mentioning how good Detroit style is.

    I wonder if anyone has tried it? I know a taste is in my future.


    I believe this thread has posts with reviews and experiences at Jet's.

    Correct. We merged the new query into an existing thread.

    =R=
    for the Moderators
    Gardening is a bloodsport --Meghan Kleeman

    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

    There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #34 - August 29th, 2019, 10:05 pm
    Post #34 - August 29th, 2019, 10:05 pm Post #34 - August 29th, 2019, 10:05 pm
    Panther in the Den wrote:Jet’s Pizza
    1805 N Harlem Ave, Chicago
    (and other locations)

    I was just watching the Bears game and during a player interview he mentioned
    Not Chicago, not New York, Jet’s all the way
    That jiggled my memory of both the restaurant at this location and friends mentioning how good Detroit style is.

    I wonder if anyone has tried it? I know a taste is in my future.
    I saw that interview as well and laughed. I just had Buddy's in Novi, MI last weekend (and it was great as always). Jet's is not true Detroit style other than it's square and has carmelized cheese. But I have to still say Jet's square pizza is my favorite chain pizza and I have no problem with it. I even like the sausage.

    Funny to see my last comment in this Jet's thread was right before I made it to Detroit in 2017 and tried Buddy's. I've not only been back many times to Detroit (going back a lot for business), I lived in the suburbs the entire summer last year so I was able to hit all of the famous Detroit style pizzerias. All of the ones I had were great and I still like Jet's as well.
  • Post #35 - August 29th, 2019, 10:05 pm
    Post #35 - August 29th, 2019, 10:05 pm Post #35 - August 29th, 2019, 10:05 pm
    Sauganaut wrote:It ain't no Buddy's Pizza of Detroit but it'll do.

    Thanks!

    I was wondering if it was an accurate representation of Detroit Style.
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat
  • Post #36 - August 29th, 2019, 10:08 pm
    Post #36 - August 29th, 2019, 10:08 pm Post #36 - August 29th, 2019, 10:08 pm
    Ram4 wrote:I lived in the suburbs the entire summer last year so I was able to hit all of the famous Detroit style pizzerias. All of the ones I had were great and I still like Jet's as well.

    This speaks volumes too. :)
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more